Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:03:07 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Checkers Report
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Checkers Report  ( 958 )
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

: 676

« : February 23, 2015, 10:00:50 pm »

Great race yesterday.  The Checkers really put the time into coming up with a quality event, considering Stoddard is not peoples favorite area (read Rock City).  The one loop the I did (they take pity on us old guys) was by far the toughest most challenging thing I've done in a LONG time. None of it stupid, none of it undoable, but just a true test of skill, stamina and determination. They found some of the coolest stuff I've ridden in many moons. We had 3 racers on the pit board.....Jason Piper, Robert Bragg and myself.  Thanks to James Jenkins for covering my pit so I could race this one.  Jason was hauling as usual until just after the pit when a flat and a slipping clutch slowed him down, and he went for a finish.  Robert finished in the upper half of his class, so he was happy.  I thought for sure I was the last 60+ rider to finish, but turns out I was mid pack if you include DNFs, so I was ok with that.  The Checkers mixed it up by having ALL one loop racers start behind the Novices, which was fine with me cuz it meant doing the bomb with a lot fewer racers.  The combined Ex/Am first row was PACKED.  The first loop was the long one at 40ish miles to the pit, at which point the one looper did 7 miles to the finish and the 2 loopers went out on the 2nd loop.  At several places along the course there were splits where the black number 2 loopers went one way and us red numbers went another way.  A lot of work for the Checkers, but again, showed thinking of new ways to mix it up.  All in all a great weekend.  Hope to see lots of Golden Rod at HBMC in 2 weeks.
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #1 : February 24, 2015, 06:58:31 am »

Thanks Dave for the update and James for stepping up to cover your pit.
The Pris

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
pete medina
Reps

: 165

« #2 : February 25, 2015, 07:07:23 am »

So Cosmo, let me see if I understand, 4 1/2 hours to complete 40 miles, and that was fun? Pete
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #3 : February 25, 2015, 09:23:33 am »

So Cosmo, let me see if I understand, 4 1/2 hours to complete 40 miles, and that was fun? Pete

Sounds like Barney Miles, not Checker Miles
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

« #4 : February 25, 2015, 10:52:52 am »

Well.....the time starts when the first row goes.  All RED number one loopers started a row behind the Nervous Novices.  So there's a 1/2 hr , and the following lines were delayed another 1/2 hr cuz an Ammie got off hard and got a helicopter ride.  And yes, it was fun AFTER looking back on it.  There was plenty of RELENTLESS, but nothing stupid or undoable.  I will say that after doing a several miles-long virgin rocky ridge, and finally dropping down to cross a short valley and seeing a LONG gnarly hill with bikes laying around on it I was very happy to see a RED loop split at the bottom that took us around that train wreck : ) No one said Desert Racers think like other people, and that certainly includes our idea of fun right?
pete medina
Reps

: 165

« #5 : February 26, 2015, 07:14:58 am »

I"ve got to hand it to you, " YOU THE MAN", that sounds funny saying that to cosmo, but you earned it, Pete
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

« #6 : February 26, 2015, 10:22:50 am »

Pete, getting that from you I take as a true complement, because YOU are in fact the man : )
: [1]  
« previous next »
: