Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:49:21 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Adelanto GP report/thoughts
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Adelanto GP report/thoughts  ( 607 )
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

: 676

« : January 15, 2017, 06:50:04 am »

First the thoughts.....I am glad our GP is not this big, and I mean that in all seriousness.  The logistics of putting ours on is huge, and takes a big commitment from a core group of members, without who's dedication it couldn't happened.  What I saw at Adelanto was several orders of magnitude beyond our race.  Besides having way more racers to manage (I'm gonna say over 2000 total), they have multiple camping and parking areas, a huge vendor area, and huge number of non-racer or racer family spectators.  Just from my limited observation it all seemed to be running ok, but lots of moving parts that could go sideways very quickly.  And speaking of sideways, both of the West Coast GP races had big multi rider crashes that got both races red flagged.  The first one had at least 7 ambulances and 3 or 4 fire trucks respond.  They are going to rerun both today.  Talk about throwing your schedule off.  We get in a huff if we are 20minutes behind in the schedule : )   Now the report part.....Lance Johnson, Ashlee LaCharite and myself raced.  Also showing up after a long absence was Mike Hastings...good to see him, and hoping he doesn't go another 2 years between appearances.  Darrell Moore was spectating with his son and grandson.  Long stories short, I got tangled up in a first turn slow speed pile up, so it was play ride for me the rest of the race.  Lance got a great start, was dicing with the fast guys in his class, and followed one of them into a high speed off course excursion that left his shoulder damaged but hoping it heals up on it's own without medical attention.  Not sure about Ashlee's finish, but apparently she was one of the few, if not only, W class racers doing the big water jump.....good for her.  Speaking of Ashlee, her boyfriend, who is in SoCal apparently got run into while flagging one of the big pile ups and got a broken leg.  Hope he gets better quickly.   Ok, that's it....back to the desert next weekend.  Hope to see you there.

eastsidenils
Global Moderator

: 104

« #1 : January 15, 2017, 12:20:35 pm »

Wow. Thanks for the thoughts and report Dave. That is quite the event. Raced it on Sat and Sun last year and it was huge. Tons of people there. Probably even more this year. I think they reported about 1600 entries in '16. Hope Lance is OK. Sounds like quite the carnage. See you at DMC.
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #2 : January 15, 2017, 04:22:33 pm »

Thanks for the Write Up Dave, we were planning on heading over there yesterday but ended up going up to play in the snow instead.
Tuesday's GP meeting should be an exciting one it sounds like.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
: [1]  
« previous next »
: