Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:06:11 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  LOOK WHAT'S NEW!!!!!!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: LOOK WHAT'S NEW!!!!!!  ( 2695 )
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« : January 02, 2007, 08:05:04 pm »

since charlie was advertising his neck braces I'd figured it's my turn. i'm proud to announce that for 2007 I'll be a test rider for American Beta. beta's have been around for many years and have always made a killer trails bike, with some sucess in the off-road department.  for the last 2 years beta has been racing and testing there new line of off-road dirt bikes at the (WEC) WORLD ENDURO CHAMPIONSHIP  over in Europe.  A friend of mine, who also is my main sponsor (POWERHOUSE) is the new AMERICAN BETA  importer.  he's hired a few riders to test and develop the line of bikes.  they are in the process of building dealers networks around the U.S. and are targeting currently Suzuki dealers (since Suzuki doesn't really have a offload  model) . Anyways I'd invite you to check out the web site for more info..  there will currently be 5 models available to the public starting with the 2008 models which should be out around sept. 2007.  beta will have a 350, 450 and a 525 RR model (race replica) and 2 dual sports models a 450 and a 525  rs models (all four strokers).  the dual sports will be 50 state models so lookout KTM EXC. currently beta is using the KTM motor but is in the process of building there own engine within the next 2 years.   the susp. is a Sachs shock with linkage and marzocchi forks.  the rest of the bike is all beta.I have yet to ride the bike but I'm extremely excited from the reports that i have received so far, the bike will real be real competitive.  i have a schedule date of Jan. 20th for my bike to arrive , however due to customs and others issues I'm planning to ride one of my other bike for the first enduro in case the BETA doesn't show up in time.  We/ I plan on attending the DIRT RIDER MAGAZINE 24 hour magazine test.  the magazine is going to focus on 250f's for the story ,however several different brands are invited to attend.. it should be fun. the prices are going to be comparable to the other Europeans models (KTM). 

go check out the web site.  WWW.AMERICANBETA.COM for more info

jim

« : January 02, 2007, 09:02:22 pm sgt.bigjim »
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #1 : January 03, 2007, 07:00:03 am »

Good for you Jim thats great, I want to ride one. It looks like a  red KTM, do you know any thing about the rear shock? I think Husky used them and they were not that great but I could be wrong. I think it is always cool to see something different come along like GasGas. Good luck with it and I look forward to trying it out.

Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #2 : January 03, 2007, 08:56:35 am »

...the susp. is a Sachs shock ...
??? ??? ::)

Hoe about some leading link forks too? ;D

Good for you Jim, I've seen these in Dirt Rider, along wit the other Euros. Sure would be nice if this works out, might get the big 4 to start paying attention to the off road market if they loose too much market share.

Ciongrats Jim!
Don Goll
Viewfinder

: 65

« #3 : January 03, 2007, 09:59:50 am »

I see KTM's market share growing in a dramatic way in the next few years. The Japanies manufacturers are limiting their product lines by eliminating 2 strokes and I see KTM picking up that market and expanding their market share. Honda is eliminating dealerships and limiting product offering as well as Yamaha. These market trends leave voids for smaller manufacturers to get established, thrive and grow. The down side will be the availablity of factory and dealer support and availability of parts on the scale we are used to.

Please bring one out for us to ride!  ;D
Max Eddy
Viewfinder

: 97

« #4 : January 03, 2007, 12:25:21 pm »

I see KTM's market share growing in a dramatic way in the next few years. The Japanies manufacturers are limiting their product lines by eliminating 2 strokes and I see KTM picking up that market and expanding their market share. Honda is eliminating dealerships and limiting product offering as well as Yamaha. These market trends leave voids for smaller manufacturers to get established, thrive and grow. The down side will be the availablity of factory and dealer support and availability of parts on the scale we are used to.

Please bring one out for us to ride!  ;D RACE!!

R11
Doug Phelan

: 286

« #5 : January 03, 2007, 02:28:52 pm »

Jim, Did'nt anyone tell you that Beta is dead,   Its VHS now... ;D

Congradulations on your new ride, I can't wait to see them.

Doug

p.s. Can I have your KTMs?
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

« #6 : January 03, 2007, 07:55:54 pm »

Good for you Jim thats great, I want to ride one. It looks like a  red KTM, do you know any thing about the rear shock? I think Husky used them and they were not that great but I could be wrong. I think it is always cool to see something different come along like GasGas. Good luck with it and I look forward to trying it out.

Charlie

the sachs shocks have been used by husky for the last 3-4 years.  there actually a really good shock and a few susp. shops are dialing them in real good.  when i get the bike i'll have it out at all the gp's and enduro's.  And i might even consider doing a DESERT race again (it's only been 1988 since my last desert race.) you're all welcome to try the bike . Jeff Clements is also getting a 350 (real good friends with the owner) so he may come out alittle too.

jim
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

« #7 : January 03, 2007, 08:00:18 pm »

Jim, Did'nt anyone tell you that Beta is dead,   Its VHS now... ;D

Congradulations on your new ride, I can't wait to see them.

Doug

p.s. Can I have your KTMs?

NO!!!

I ordered a new KTM 525exc for some dual sport fun.  i am selling my 2005 KTM 525 MXC FOR ONLY $4800.00  beside doug, i heard that kelly took your KTM and your looking for something to ride??

jim
: [1]  
« previous next »
: