Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:48:27 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  CHRIS BLAIS INJURED ...
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: CHRIS BLAIS INJURED ...  ( 1420 )
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« : August 09, 2007, 12:06:59 pm »

Chris Blais

Full report. While pre running for the upcoming BITD Vegas to Reno race, Chris was about 8 miles out of Pit 8, when he a chuck hole full of silt it was something very small on a flat road, but it really sent the bike up on its front wheel, from what I understand he tried to ride it out but couldn't.

Johnny Campbell was the first one to come up on Chris, Johnny stayed with Chris keeping him calm. My teammate Jen Morton kept Chris shaded with her survivor man t- shirt, Quinn Cody, Dave Pearson, Tim Morton and a couple truck racers stayed with Chris while they waited close to 4 hours for the helicoptor to arrive.

Chris was in good spirits and was surrounded by some very good friends and prayers.

Quinn and David drove Patty up to Reno. Patty is doing ok and it's amazing how strong of a woman she is.

Chris has a broken collarbone and he broke the T-7 in his lower-mid back ... at this time, he has NO feeling in his legs, however, he has REGAINED SOME feeling in his stomach area.... He has had surgery to help alleviate the swelling where there was a bone fragment pressing against his spinal cord. They fused the T-7 using metal rods, no damage to the spinal cord at this time. They will continue to monitor. No internal injuries or anything else.. just the paralysis below the waist at this point.. Hopefully he will continue to regain feeling.

All,

As you know from my previous post, I spoke with Patty this morning and received her permission to open a bank account where donations can be made for the benefit of Chris.

I have set up a Fiduciary account at Washington Mutual Bank. All statements and bank correspondence will go to Chris and Patty's mailing address and they will have complete and total control of all funds received. The way the account was opened will prevent any problems or complications with insurance as Chris is the Beneficiary of all funds.

I have also established a PayPal account for those of you who would like to donate via your computer. I have tested the account and it is properly receiving payments. If you have a PayPal account, you can make a donation to Chris using your credit card, debit card or checking account. The nice thing about using PayPal is you can write a greeting and a note to Chris and Patty that they will see when checking the account.

Again, all I have done is open the accounts and make the initial deposits. The rest is up to the rest of us to get the word out and start the flow of donations.

The banking info is as follows:

You can make a donation at any Washington Mutual Bank using the following account info:

Kim Carpenter for the benefit of Chris Blais
Account Number 3161637811
Again, all account related materials have been sent to the Blais's mailing address and they will complete control of funds collected.

To make donations via PayPay use the following info:
chrisblaisrehabandrecoveryfund@gmail.com
All donations will be deposited directly into the secondary account established for Chris.

I have forwarded all of the information to Patty along with passwords etc., so she can monitor all activity in the accounts.

Chris and Patty, Martin, Susan and Nick, please know that there are many, many prayers being said for your family right now. We have faith that all of us will come through this stronger and closer than ever.

« : August 10, 2007, 11:35:02 am Kandy Thornton »

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Bill Keys
Viewfinder

: 107

« #1 : August 16, 2007, 05:47:15 pm »

Has there been any further updates, I keep looking everyday. It's been a rough year for accidents. Everybody ride safe and smart. 08's just around the corner.

Bill Keys

BIll Keys V80/Novice Vet
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #2 : August 16, 2007, 05:50:01 pm »

Bill - Chris remains paralyzed from the waist down at this time. Long term prognosis remains unknown at this time. They are hoping that within the next year, they will have a better idea of what is in their future. Continue to push all positive energy/thoughts their way!~

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Bill Keys
Viewfinder

: 107

« #3 : August 16, 2007, 08:10:01 pm »

I briefly met Chris this year. I'm sure this is going to be another challenge that he will concur and win. He has been in our thoughts and prayers.

BIll Keys V80/Novice Vet
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #4 : August 16, 2007, 11:06:49 pm »

I don't do this enough, but I want to thank Jenn for grabbing the ball and running with it on the Pole Position fundraiser for Chris.  She is working really hard to make this a quality event and raise funds for Mr. Blais. I hope some of you try to make it out for a fun day on the air conditioned INDOOR track. Kart racing is a blast - so come put in some laps at the "Race for Blais"!

Kandy Thornton
: [1]  
« previous next »
: