Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2019, 02:02:11 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!



--
Lets Ride!!!!
20092 1913 190
: Joey Gardner
*
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  Archived Race Reports and meeting minutes
| | |-+  D37 Off-Road Minutes
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: D37 Off-Road Minutes  ( 809 )
Kandy
Viewfinder

Offline Offline

: 837



« : September 27, 2007, 12:02:48 pm »

Enjoy!

District 37 Off-Road Committee
Meeting for September 6, 2007

I   Meeting called to order by Jim Geddes, President

II   Attendance and minutes taken by Sheri Kibbe, District 37 Secretary
   
III   Opening Comments
A.   None noted

IV   New Business
A. Nominations for 2008 District Officers:
   1. President ? Jerry Grabow, Jim Geddes declined
   2. Vice President ? Skip Earwood, Heather Gongora
   3. Treasurer ? Sandy Howell
   4. Secretary ? Jeannean Saap, Sheri Kibbe declined
   5. DLO ? Dick Christensen, Dave Oakleaf declined
6. Rider Reps (4 appointed position) Mark Drake, John Gill, Tim Wilson, Ryan Sanders, Kelly Phelen. Rider reps help clubs with sound testing, temp apps, and club issues.
7. Stewards:
   a. Hwt ? Devon Rich
   b. 40+ - Dan Barnett
   c. 30+, Women ? Ryan Wilson
   d. Mag, SS, Lwt ? Keith Dejongh
   e. BOTW, Enduro ? Charles Bentley
   f. GP?s ? Stacy Doerksen, Kelly Phelen, Doug Phelen
8. Webmaster (appointed position) Jeff Owen
9. Newsletter (appointed position) Julie Angell, Kelly Christensen
B.   Mike Baumen and Art More are requesting an exception to rule on page 43, section 5 to allow them to race at the UMC event and earn points. Mike has quit UMC so that he could ride the event, but not enough time has elapsed to earn points. Art will not quit UMC. No one from UMC opposes. Straw vote in favor 18, opposed 15. Will be discussed at the Comp. Committee.
C.   Chase Dad registration: would like an entry for chase persons that would require a $10 fee that would pay for the legal defense fund and the BLM fees. Would be for desert events only. Take info back to clubs and discuss later.
D.   AMA Seminar in Las Vegas. Motion to send Jerry Grabow and Richie Wholers at a total expense of $582 each. In favor 26, opposed 1. Motion passed.
E.   Sound testing: Half of the grant money is still available at $7500. Paul Flanders is looking into getting that money. Motion made to get 20 people certified for sound testing on November 10 at a total cost of $2500. Unanimous in favor. Contact Jerry Grabow to get on the list.

V   Old Business
A.   Second reading for rule change standing rule section 2 a., b., c., and d. to raise fees by $3 across the board.
B.   Big6 GP has decided to get rid of the semi-pro classes and will replace it with a youth class. The proposed class is as follows:
4-Stroke handicapping is permitted in youth classes
only as follows:
Bikes:
65cc (65cc max. 2 stroke & 110cc max. 4 stroke)
85cc (85cc max. 2 stroke & 125cc max. 4 stroke)
Big Wheel (105cc max. 2 stroke & 150cc max. 4
stroke)
ATV:
0- 90cc (90cc max. 2stroke & 125cc max. 4 stroke)
CLASSES:
Big Wheel 15 years max NOV - EXP
85cc (12-15) NOV - EXP
85cc (7-11) NOV - EXP
65cc (10-11) NOV - EXP
65cc (7-9) NOV - EXP
Quad ( 50-70cc)
Quad (71-90cc)
ENTRY FEES:
$35.00 post
$30.00 pre
Prices to include legal defense fees.
   Keep mini class. Races will be 30 minutes long on a shorter course. 24 in favor, 3 opposed. Motion passed.

VI   Reports
A.   Treasurer:  Balance is $240,555.03 total liabilities and equity. 
B.   Congress: Will be in Congress in October. Al Guzman would like the AMA to recognize our rule book.
C.   VP:  There are new forms for the BLM as of Oct. 1st. They will not accept any old forms. Look into getting CPR certified. It can be done in one weekend at any local Red Cross.
D.   BLM: none
E.   Referee:  Nominated Richie for referee for 2008. Discussed rules for starting by class. Discussed assigning numbers for BOTW riders for scoring. Moose contingency program. When starting by class, you don?t need an ambulance on Saturday unless you have a kids event. Would like to be able to charge the extra $1 per rider for the ambulance for the kids event.
F.   BOD: none
G.   DLO: Discussed saving wilderness areas and keeping OHV areas
H.   Eco Logic: Dave is preparing the Coyote Canyon lawsuit. Riverside County ordinance is in the general plan of Riverside County so it will stand. RVCO forgave the $12K bill so we don?t have to pay it. Looking at ways to do fund raising. Web site is www.ecologicpartners.org. Will be able to make donations online through paypal. Motion made to include check box on District applications for making additional donations to the legal defense fund. Motion passed.
I.   Rider Reps: none
J.   Rule Book: No report
K.   Web Master:  No report
L.   Newsletter: none
VII   Race Reviews
A.   Lost Coyotes ? fun
B.   Rovers ? fun
C.   Invaders - awesome
VIII   Announcements
A.   Lost Coyotes and Sled Riders Sat & Sun. High speed course
B.   Nomination ballot is in the Oct AMA magazine to nominate Art More for Region 6.
C.   Viewfinders GP Oct 6&7
D.   UMC Oct 16th
E.   Tim Wilson won the 50/50 drawing.
VIIII   Minutes from previous month approved.
Adjourned 10:20 pm

Kandy Thornton
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!