Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:33:17 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  100's MC night race
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: 100's MC night race  ( 3650 )
Steve Vachon
Viewfinder

: 12

« : June 30, 2008, 06:04:49 pm »

Is anyone going to race this race and if so is their anyting special to pitting a night race
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #1 : June 30, 2008, 09:39:35 pm »

Normally they don't have pits since they are team races.  However since I am ironmanning that race Jenni and Megan (dying to get her pit out of the way, does this count?) will be out to help in the pits.  Anybody else going to race it solo?  Steve maybe you should just race it.  I am sure all of the moons will look good under the full moon. 

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #2 : July 02, 2008, 06:28:04 am »

The Barneys are plaining on comming out, as of now I maybe ride iron man. For the pits bring lights
Charlie 

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #3 : July 02, 2008, 09:15:03 am »

Mike Hastings has the club easy up, I have all the rest of the pit gear. I guess it worked out O.K. last race without the rest of the stuff, let me know if you need it though and I'll make arrangements to get it to somebody that's going out.
Max Eddy
Viewfinder

: 97

« #4 : July 03, 2008, 10:00:52 am »

The Barneys are plaining on comming out, as of now I maybe ride iron man. For the pits bring lights
Charlie 
Hummm.....

R11
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #5 : July 03, 2008, 02:07:14 pm »

Hmmmm.... Could be one hell of a team in the makings!!!!
Charlie 
Hummm.....
Global Moderator

« #6 : July 06, 2008, 06:41:37 pm »

Well Max I could use a partner like old times. What do you think?
Charlie

CB
Steve Vachon
Viewfinder

: 12

« #7 : July 17, 2008, 09:19:17 pm »

Back to my question, does anybody need a pit? If not or if Megan want's to take this one, I'll stay closer to home and save some cash for the races I can ride (day races).
Aaron Price
Officer

« #8 : July 18, 2008, 10:48:39 am »

Well I spoke to Megan this morning she is planning on coming.  Jenni will obviously be there.  Since I think I am the only one who is going to race ironman I think those two should have it all under control.  However if your just dying to get back to the desert feel free to come out and drink some beer.   We always enjoy your company. 

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Global Moderator

« #9 : July 22, 2008, 06:45:26 am »

Who ever gets out there first.The bike numbers are on the left side of the bike only. Set up the pit on the left side of the course this way we can take numbers from our pit. At VCMC we set up on the right but the numbers were on the left side of the bike and we had members across the course all night keeping numbers. Barney will be out Sat AM. Barney & Eddy teaming up open Mag. Looking for anther VCNC finish.
Hope to see you out there.Steve. Pit wise if you are doing the team thing it is not a big deal but if you never been to a night race it is very cool to check out.
Charlie

CB
Aaron Price
Officer

« #10 : July 22, 2008, 08:24:01 am »

I think you may be the first one out Charlie.

Max Eddy
Viewfinder

: 97

« #11 : July 27, 2008, 07:26:39 pm »

Who ever gets out there first.The bike numbers are on the left side of the bike only. Set up the pit on the left side of the course this way we can take numbers from our pit. At VCMC we set up on the right but the numbers were on the left side of the bike and we had members across the course all night keeping numbers. Barney will be out Sat AM. Barney & Eddy teaming up open Mag. Looking for anther VCNC finish.
Hope to see you out there.Steve. Pit wise if you are doing the team thing it is not a big deal but if you never been to a night race it is very cool to check out.
Charlie
Sorry , But Grandpa Eddy had to Leave rather abruptly Sun Morning as I had 3 Grand kids That told me They wanted to go home and go to bed  Plus I had to work at 830 this morning , Big Thanks to all the Viewfinders that made it FUN and Darlene for keeping me on my toes because of Charlie's furious pace he run's, always early into the pits . Grandpa needs a nap , Max

R11
Global Moderator

« #12 : July 28, 2008, 06:45:31 am »

Thanks Max it was big fun. Three Eddy's in the top ten thats a good day. You boys rock Young Eddy's 3 rd OA I believe and older Eddy 7th OA. The Eddy's are going strong. Russ and Keith had there own race for the  Mag 250 class of broken lights with Russ comming out on top. The Price boys also had their light issues but they finish. It was cool to see all the support from other members in the pit including Charlie Powell. It seam like at race time we had 15 to 20 members show up in the pits. Thank you everyone for all the support.
Charlie   

CB
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #13 : July 28, 2008, 07:55:11 am »

Want to thank Mike Hastings for the use of his KTM !!! Thought Steve Spragle and I had a chance for the class win on Russ and Ken Maw when they had downtime on lighting issues. Unfortunately Mike's 2nd 'new' Baja light set smoked the batteries again less than 1/2 way thru the race. Steve and I were having fun until then. Very dis-heartening to give up leads or have a DNF @ 2 night races due to lighting failures. Could not find the lighting support that I thought was going to be @ the 100s event. :(
Not much was accomplished in my 700 mile round trip drive w/ Charlie Powell other than visiting w/ friends and club members and returning Mike's bike back to Big Bear. 9 hrs in the cab of a truck w/ CP would be a long day in anybodies diary!!! :) KJ and Tara
Congrats to our VF teams 1st places and race finishes this weekend!!! Russ Jenkins and Charlie Barney had Trifecta class wins in the night race series events!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: