Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:01:52 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  Archived Race Reports and meeting minutes
| | |-+  RHR Report
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: RHR Report  ( 11314 )
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« : November 24, 2008, 10:02:13 pm »

The weather was perfect for hanging out high 70's no wind. Good group of people Keith, Kandy, Norm, Charlie, Broken Back Iron Man Mike, Don Naye, Chris, Vince, Matt, Tanner, Julian, Jonathon, Mam, Pete Medina, Gary and Cassie. WE laid out a complicated start Saturday morning because the Viewfinders don't do anything half ass. The racers loved it! Had lunch then a group of 7 went scouting for the fun ride in December. 2 of us decided it would be fun to make a challenging loop so the other 5 said have at it and we did and managed to find something so challenging that we couldn't make it out.  After going over our options including riding or carrying our bikes back the way we came it was decided to continue down the canyon. One of us is named Charlie Barney famous for this type of riding. We continued down to the point of no return literally the XR 650 couid not be lifted or budged so it stayed. We managed to ride, hoist, and  throw the KTM 2 smoke down about 500 vertical feet to the desert floor at dark thirty, sheer Barney determination. We rode 2 up in the dark utterly exhausted with no light back to a pre determined rendevous spot to my surprise they were still there waiting for us 2 1/2 hours late, pitch black, police helicopter (conections) in route and rescue vehicle dispatched. Thanks guys and nice to meet you Chris show this to your family so they will believe you when you were a little late getting home Saturday night.
                                      We got the race started with out a hitch (although I was slightly hung over) and the rescue party of 5 adults 1 photographer and 2 boys, Matt and Tanner, with 1 dog we set out. We needed eveyones help and we got the pig down in about an hour or 2. We made it back in time to see Pete, Jonathon, Gary and Cassie finish. I don't know how Pete did but I did see Cassie charge hard off the line into the dust and Jon Gumant battled a fellow competitor to to the checkered flag and yes Gumby beat him to his fathers delight. Hastings handled the pits with the addition of 5 Dirt Diggers who were without pit support. Great weekend ALWAYS an ADVENTURE the Viewfinder MC social club rocks.
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #1 : November 25, 2008, 07:27:08 am »

It was a great weekend one none of us will forget for along time to come. However I was victimize, ;D John made me do it. Now two days later my back is still killing me, I can tell you all dragging, pulling, lifting and pushing motorcycles is not as much fun as riding them. All involved did what was needed to be done and the off road code pulled it all together in the end and life was wonderfull again. At the end of the day after an ass kicking and I mean ass kicking, it was a beautiful night at the camp fire.
 John , Kandy and Norm you all out did yourselfs at dinner, it was great. Thank you

If anyone would like to live the dream of the rock ride myself and John took we will be glad to show you where it is at. You will come back with story to tell. ;D

Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #2 : November 25, 2008, 07:37:21 am »

I know Kandy had no motive for the dinner invite and sharing of some fine wine, but John did ! He sucked us into the recovery adventure for Sunday. He should have served Advil for what was to come!!!
By the time I got home I felt like I had just rode a 100 mile National, but I had not swung my leg o/ the Big Red Pig on that short 1/2 mile downhill, NO it was a boulder cliff!!!!!!!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #3 : November 25, 2008, 08:21:55 am »

I'm hoping Gumby gets some pics from his friend Nam because John's description of the predicament they got into just does not do it justice. Just think about a HUGE pile of boulders, put your bike about 1/3 from the top and say, "O.K. let's ride down there." That's what it looked like to me when Charley said, "yea, its up there, see John's helmet on top of that rock?" John's helmet was a little yellow speck that you could barely see, glasses or not!

Nice chatting with you Chris while we waited in the dark for the two lost soles. But as Charley said the desert code prevailed and all were reunited. Next time we'll take a few cell phones  ;D
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #4 : November 25, 2008, 09:16:12 am »

Good food, friends, wine and a warm campfire - life just doesn't get much better than that... well it was nice seeing all your smiling faces arrive back at camp after dark on Sat.  You missed a spectacular sunset!  John and Charlie are not allowed to ride together anymore unless a voice of reason accompanies them.... along with a cell phone, water, space blanket, food, etc.  I was wondering if the Big Red Pig would become a signal fire like the one in On Any Sunday!  Thanks again to all who went on the retrieval search and rescue "Party".... I really should have thought ahead and had a masseuse or chiropractor waiting when you got back to camp!

P.S.  I'm still trying to picture John and Charlie riding 2 up on the 300!   :o I can't believe the rear fender survived...

Kandy Thornton
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #5 : November 25, 2008, 03:09:07 pm »

John and Charlie are not allowed to ride together anymore unless a voice of reason accompanies them.... along with a cell phone, water, space blanket, food, etc. 

I volunteer to be the voice of reason on these trail rides.

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #6 : November 25, 2008, 03:39:01 pm »

John and Charlie are not allowed to ride together anymore unless a voice of reason accompanies them.... along with a cell phone, water, space blanket, food, etc. 

Beware!!! This volunteer is coming as another "BIG RED PIG" owner  ;D ;D ;D Wouldn't "voice of reason" and AP be an oxymoron?  ???
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #7 : November 25, 2008, 03:45:11 pm »

I just noticed that Kandy gave BRP a SLAM! Big Red Pig ::)
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #8 : November 25, 2008, 08:20:34 pm »

Beware!!! This volunteer is coming as another "BIG RED PIG" owner  ;D ;D ;D Wouldn't "voice of reason" and AP be an oxymoron?  ???

Just because every trail ride I lead seems to end in tears or blood?  Honestly you are letting the stories that both the Eric's tell get to you.  At least I carry all of the previously mentioned items in my emergency kit (along with lots of drugs in the first aid kit)  So even if you have a bad time you will still have a good time!  How is that for an oxymoron?

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #9 : November 26, 2008, 08:14:35 am »

Oh trust me Chris and I saw the sunset real well after Norm, Pete and Mike left. Just sitting there staring at the sunset was all we could do while we waited. Come to find out that where we went "looking" for the guys was on the wrong side of the mountain!! We would NEVER have found where they came down.

Now dammit Gumby, where are those photos?
Gumby
Viewfinder

: 298

« #10 : November 26, 2008, 10:21:36 pm »

Calm down Don we should have them sent to kandy sometime friday....i havent even seen the pictures yet

-Gumby
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #11 : November 30, 2008, 09:30:55 pm »

Still NO pics??? :(

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #12 : December 01, 2008, 09:29:51 am »

Here is Nam's link to the RHR pictures.  Check out the sunset people - it was so beautiful in the dez that weekend.  I don't think any pics can really capture the true nature of the "rescue"... Many thanks to Nam for going along on the expedition!

http://picasaweb.google.com/mtech.nam/Desert112308#

Kandy Thornton
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #13 : December 01, 2008, 10:42:53 am »

what the HELLLLLLLL were you guys thinking? Ohhh mannnnnn, that looks like a rough ride!~

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #14 : December 01, 2008, 10:48:40 am »

For a perspective in size, note in pic 29, up and right of center, see JT's helmet. The bike was a few yards(boulders) further up the canyon. Oh Jenn, there was NO THINKING !!! That's probably where things went the WRONG WAY!!!
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: