Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:19:30 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Racers MC Desert Scrambles Roll Call
0 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Racers MC Desert Scrambles Roll Call  ( 4950 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #15 : March 25, 2009, 07:14:25 pm »

I may (probably) not be able to go.  I get the "stink eye" when I talk about going, so I guess some "honey do's" will be for the greater good.

Some how I knew you would wuss out!! So there's not enough time to get the honey do's done during the week? Besides the next two weeks are no races, unless you go to the G.P.
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #16 : March 26, 2009, 06:16:51 am »

Barney's are headed for Pine flat for the yearly weed wacking. We are getting the place ready for summer
Good luck all

Is Pete going too or is he racing?

I'm not sure I beleive he has wedding things to help with.
Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #17 : March 26, 2009, 11:46:28 am »

Barney's are headed for Pine flat for the yearly weed wacking. We are getting the place ready for summer
Good luck all

Is Pete going too or is he racing?

I'm not sure I beleive he has wedding things to help with.
Charlie

Wedding, schmedding, that's Nicole and Ian's job, he just has to write the check(s) ;D

I spoke to Russ this morning, they might come out.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #18 : March 26, 2009, 01:36:00 pm »

I may (probably) not be able to go.  I get the "stink eye" when I talk about going, so I guess some "honey do's" will be for the greater good.

Oh Yea, the OL "Stink Eye",
I get that all the time !!
I would like to show up on Saturday, but my truck has to go into the shop Sat AM for some reprogramming/Recall krap.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #19 : March 26, 2009, 02:15:24 pm »

Oh Yea, the OL "Stink Eye",
I get that all the time !!
I would like to show up on Saturday, but my truck has to go into the shop Sat AM for some reprogramming/Recall krap.

Ride the Husky out there!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #20 : March 27, 2009, 01:06:47 am »

I think I would rather WALK out there!!
Don't get me wrong, the Husky will make it, but my hands and feet would be NUMB !!
She runs well up around 65 or 70, but only for a little while before the vibs drive Ya nuts.  ::)

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #21 : March 27, 2009, 08:43:39 am »

Don't get me wrong, the Husky will make it, but my hands and feet would be NUMB !!
She runs well up around 65 or 70, but only for a little while before the vibs drive Ya nuts.  ::)

I know, I wouldn't want to ride my Honda that far on the HWY either. Would be fun to scout a cross country route from Perris to Barstow though. Have a friend that's leaving Sunland for Laughlin via the Mojave Trail and not using any pavement, now that would be FUN!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #22 : March 27, 2009, 12:29:42 pm »

I know, I wouldn't want to ride my Honda that far on the HWY either. Would be fun to scout a cross country route from Perris to Barstow though. Have a friend that's leaving Sunland for Laughlin via the Mojave Trail and not using any pavement, now that would be FUN!

Might be a little tough to do from Perris, remember Riv County has very little if any legal places to ride.  Have done Krap-Corral to Barstool (well most of it) and only had a few miles of pavement.  I guess I could do the pavement thing over to San Berdoo.
I read over at Thumper Talk (??) that a group went from Cal City to State Line and back.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #23 : March 30, 2009, 08:49:58 am »

Well, we had a total of TWO racers Saturday. Pete Medina and the future Mr. Medina, Nicole's fiance Ian. Pete placed third in class and Ian was second 250 Vet beginner. Gnarly course they said, Pete's quote was, "an 80 mile rock with some sand and hills"

Went for a little put with Pete, Ian, Nicole and her friend Casey saturday afternoon. There are a LOT of rocks in that are for sure. I think Casey liked what she saw and my give racing a try, she's a very good rider and would do well I'm sure. Our ride was cut short when she got a rear flat though.

Food was good, beer was cold, weather was great until about 11 Sat. night when the wind came up. Bailed out around 11:00 yesterday due to the nasty wind. Got home in time to wash the toy hauler so all was good!

Ian needs one more ride and his pit before he's eligible to be voted in, unless he gets married sooner!!
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #24 : March 30, 2009, 03:43:39 pm »

Noticed they, Lipert Jr.,had results up (prelim) on Sunday!!! Any insites on the scoring system and ease of operation? KJ
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #25 : March 31, 2009, 02:18:04 pm »

Noticed they, Lipert Jr.,had results up (prelim) on Sunday!!! Any insites on the scoring system and ease of operation? KJ

Yea, spent some time with Matt Lipert Friday night and at home check. The system is real sweet. My only concern is entering numbers "on the fly". They didn't use start or lap times so it wasn't a problem for them. In fact Matt had a computer problem at home check and didn't enter ANY numbers there, did them all by hand after the fact from the lap sheets. This means the lap sheets are good backup and that as long as lap times aren't important we should be good. I had a few questions for Richie, which he answered and I'll send you that email Keith. We'll have to rent/borrow two card readers and two ten-key pads but I can get a laptop or two and I know Chris can as well so we should be good there. If we use video as a backup, with time and we keep the start and finish close together we might be able to get the whole thing with the lap times. Data entry is a real breeze using the AMA card swipe and manual entry isn't too bad either.

Bottom line I don't see why we shouldn't use Moto Tally for our Classic Scramble. With incorporation of the transponder reading it could work for the G.P. as well as far as I can see.
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #26 : March 31, 2009, 03:20:37 pm »

Noticed they, Lipert Jr.,had results up (prelim) on Sunday!!! Any in sites on the scoring system and ease of operation? KJ

Yea, spent some time with Matt Lipert Friday night and at home check. The system is real sweet. My only concern is entering numbers "on the fly". They didn't use start or lap times so it wasn't a problem for them. In fact Matt had a computer problem at home check and didn't enter ANY numbers there, did them all by hand after the fact from the lap sheets. This means the lap sheets are good backup and that as long as lap times aren't important we should be good. I had a few questions for Richie, which he answered and I'll send you that email Keith. We'll have to rent/borrow two card readers and two ten-key pads but I can get a laptop or two and I know Chris can as well so we should be good there. If we use video as a backup, with time and we keep the start and finish close together we might be able to get the whole thing with the lap times. Data entry is a real breeze using the AMA card swipe and manual entry isn't too bad either.

Bottom line I don't see why we shouldn't use Moto Tally for our Classic Scramble. With incorporation of the transponder reading it could work for the G.P. as well as far as I can see.

This is basically what our secretary at work did on a spread sheet we designed. It counted and sorted x7 laps entries and put everything in order. The data entry is what is important.You'll understand  term 'garbage in and garbage out' w/ incorrect bike #s or entry errors!!! Constant key pad entries for 7 laps is the difficult side of things I can see! Video and multiple hand scorers a are a must for back up (which we had last year). KJ
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #27 : April 01, 2009, 07:31:16 am »

Hand scoring is great for lap/finish order but it doesn't give you lap times, that you need the video and/or computer for.
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #28 : April 01, 2009, 08:01:46 am »

So what are we looking at doing, start by class on the same row or just go by time? Personally I like start by class better between the two. I would rather race against my competitors instead of a clock. I have never raced an enduro by the way.  ;) The start by class also makes things easier with less chance of something going wrong, no time keeping issues.

With that said, many races do use the time method and I am sure we can do it without problems. I am pretty good at ten key and can type without looking at the keyboard. If we have people to call out the numbers correctly it should be pretty easy. 

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #29 : April 01, 2009, 12:57:57 pm »

So what are we looking at doing, start by class on the same row or just go by time? Personally I like start by class better between the two. I would rather race against my competitors instead of a clock. I have never raced an enduro by the way.  ;) The start by class also makes things easier with less chance of something going wrong, no time keeping issues.

With that said, many races do use the time method and I am sure we can do it without problems. I am pretty good at ten key and can type without looking at the keyboard. If we have people to call out the numbers correctly it should be pretty easy. 

The START BY CLASS(40 rows) is what we did last year. Your only concerned about correctly staging and not worried about time keeping errors. I do not understand why the Big 6 system doesn't have corrected time or combined classes. It should only be a matter of keying time, pushing a start button, as each row goes off. The GP scoring is a by class start, but has the present advantage of transponders.
 IF, and I feel it is a BIG IF, someone could keep up the pace w/ all the riders through the scoring chute, it would eliminate the loading #s from the lap sheets. 2+ hrs w/ 150 - 200 riders x 5-7 laps is alot of typing/10 key for not taking a break or making manual data entry errors. Is trying to enter what you can and filling in the blanks or correcting errors w/ the lap sheets worth it??? We have-3 weeks to have the Final Results in the mail KJ
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: