Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:37:46 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Need trailer help
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Need trailer help  ( 2478 )
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« : July 08, 2009, 07:55:31 pm »

Well I am finally getting around to fixing up the old trailer.  (If the slave driver can quit coming up with home improvement projects) 

I need a new toilet and shower head.  Any of you trailer buffs know where is a good cheap place to get one?

This is going to be all retro.  We are going for mid century brothel, with a touch of L.S.D.

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #1 : July 08, 2009, 08:11:36 pm »

I just found this place but I haven't bought from them yet. I plan on going to them on Saturday if they have a retail store.
This is a pretty cheap price, 125 here and 169 at camping world.
American RV Company

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #2 : July 09, 2009, 01:58:11 pm »

I just found this place but I haven't bought from them yet. I plan on going to them on Saturday if they have a retail store.
American RV Company

I looked it up on Google Earth, looks like a warehouse. That's only a couple of miles from here, I'll swing by and take a look, no use you driving all the way here just to find out its a ship only site.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #3 : July 09, 2009, 01:59:16 pm »

Well I am finally getting around to fixing up the old trailer.  (If the slave driver can quit coming up with home improvement projects) 

I need a new toilet and shower head.  Any of you trailer buffs know where is a good cheap place to get one?

This is going to be all retro.  We are going for mid century brothel, with a touch of L.S.D.

So glad you're finally feeling up to some projects Aaron. What kind of trailer is this?
Administrator

« #4 : July 09, 2009, 04:34:46 pm »

American RV Company

I looked it up on Google Earth, looks like a warehouse. That's only a couple of miles from here, I'll swing by and take a look, no use you driving all the way here just to find out its a ship only site.

Hey thanks Donn, I called them today and they said they are a warehouse but have a small store front and that you can go there and buy whatever they have online.
Unless you wanted to go by and check them out, don't worry about it on my account. I am going to stop by there on my way to pick up the trailer. The Reese rail kit is 40 bucks cheaper than at Camping World.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Aaron Price
Officer

« #5 : July 09, 2009, 07:54:13 pm »

So glad you're finally feeling up to some projects Aaron. What kind of trailer is this?

83 Komfort brand travel trailer I  bought off Marc from Rescue 3.  It was nasty when I got it.  I cleaned it out and put in a new floor.  The bathroom is gutted and the avacado interior must be changed a bit.  Shouldn't take too much.   It's nothing fancy which is fine because I hope to be spending most of my time out there by the campfire watching Charlie and Brian cause trouble. 

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #6 : July 10, 2009, 07:01:12 am »

Araon; try Walts RV parts 909-823-0563 they are a RV salvage yard. I understand they have everything. Also Paul has a place in ontario he gets stuff from it maybe the same place I can not recall.
Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #7 : July 10, 2009, 07:30:26 am »

Araon; try Walts RV parts 909-823-0563 they are a RV salvage yard. I understand they have everything. Also Paul has a place in ontario he gets stuff from it maybe the same place I can not recall.
Charlie

I always wondered where old RV's went to die, now I know.
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #8 : July 10, 2009, 07:37:04 am »

Salvage should be way cheaper than new!

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Aaron Price
Officer

« #9 : July 10, 2009, 12:52:35 pm »

Thanks guys.  Your all awesome.  I can't wait for winter to come so I can be (hopefully)  back to being out as much as I was.  I get a bone scan in October.  Hopefully the medication to fix it and not taking the medication that was destroying my bones will have done the trick.  I am hoping to at least earn a top 20 plate next year. 

Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #10 : July 10, 2009, 05:30:11 pm »

I am hoping to at least earn a top 20 plate next year. 

Don't get ahead of yourself there little buddy, just get well enough to ride/race again, the rest will come on its own.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #11 : July 10, 2009, 05:35:37 pm »

I am hoping to at least earn a top 20 plate next year. 

Don't get ahead of yourself there little buddy, just get well enough to ride/race again, the rest will come on its own.

X2

Just being able to get out there with some of your friends, PRICE-less  ;D
Get that trailer up and running, that way we can "shrink-wrap" yours instead of Chris's new rig  ;)

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Administrator

« #12 : July 10, 2009, 11:34:09 pm »

Hey Bob I think YOU would get the short end of the stick if you tried to shrink wrap my trailer. I wouldn't want to tackle that project!  ;D

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #13 : July 11, 2009, 09:04:11 pm »

Hey Bob I think YOU would get the short end of the stick if you tried to shrink wrap my trailer. I wouldn't want to tackle that project!  ;D

Don't worry too much, I usually am too tired to attempt something of that magnatude.
You got that "Beast" home Yet ??

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Administrator

« #14 : July 11, 2009, 09:21:50 pm »

Yep she's home! It pulled pretty nice for pulling it with a Ford!  :P
I used my dad's truck to bring it home, 1999 F350 Diesel. My truck with the 8.1 has more power and torque so it will be nice to see how it does.
I already started pulling things apart to give it my little personal touch. I have a higher standard than these trailer builders!  :-\
I can't wait to take it out on its maiden voyage.

Back to Aarons original question. I LOVE the toilet this one has. It is the Thetford Aqua Magic Style II. It is a porcelain toilet and the water inters through a jet sprayer at the back of the bowl. It looks like it should work great, I will leave it at that.  ;)

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
: [1]  
« previous next »
: