Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:22:39 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  New Years Weekend
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: New Years Weekend  ( 4996 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #15 : December 22, 2009, 10:18:33 am »

Remember don't fly any flags or wear colors or hang too close that weekend.
You know we ALWAYS fly Viewie colors when in the desert. But there will only be three or four and we'll be "off the beaten path" so I don't think they will bug us. And we're in the open area which makes a difference per the BLM head ranger.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #16 : December 22, 2009, 11:47:15 am »

Remember don't fly any flags or wear colors or hang too close that weekend.
You know we ALWAYS fly Viewie colors when in the desert. But there will only be three or four and we'll be "off the beaten path" so I don't think they will bug us. And we're in the open area which makes a difference per the BLM head ranger.

We actually had a "Drive By" by a Ranger  at our spot on T G weekend, fortunatly thats all that happened.
He was looking very closely at 3 camps in the area and Ours was the largest in a limited use area.
We have NEVER seen any Rangers before Play day weekend and then T G weekend.
They must have more Rangers now or have orders to go out and shake things up a little ??

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #17 : December 22, 2009, 02:04:05 pm »

Ye,s over TG weekend I saw rangers over in the wagon wheel area. They never came across the road where I was but they were in the main camping area.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Norm Takaki
Viewfinder

: 455

« #18 : December 22, 2009, 06:19:04 pm »

The Ranger I spoke with, (while I was trying to talk us out of that Ticket) stated a few times that they are going to be more aggressive in the future with camp size and behaviour.
 So yes we ended up paying for the ticket ($275.00), and that citation was put in place for groups of as little as 2 people if the Ranger wants to a jerk.

Have a Safe and Happy Holiday

Norm   

Norm Takaki
Viewfinders MC Pres.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #19 : December 22, 2009, 11:30:52 pm »

The Ranger I spoke with, (while I was trying to talk us out of that Ticket) stated a few times that they are going to be more aggressive in the future with camp size and behaviour.
Norm   

I have no problem with them being aggressive with the behaviour part, but not so much the camp size !!

Go after the people who deserve to be hassled, the loud bikes and the party animals, leave the families/friends who are out there to have some fun alone.
JM.03

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #20 : December 30, 2009, 11:23:13 pm »

Not sure if I can make it, wont know till last min.

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #21 : December 31, 2009, 12:10:50 am »

Oh come on!
I am heading out there in the morning, I will let them know.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #22 : December 31, 2009, 01:04:48 am »

Gots to work until around 9:30 tomorrow night, then ??

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #23 : January 03, 2010, 10:18:05 pm »

haha wow! Bomby Beach was really something! Glad to have been given the opportunity to experience it! Some pics are already up on my facebook!

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #24 : January 04, 2010, 09:00:32 am »

Great turnout this weekend.

BIG SURPRISE was Brian CACTUS Jones and family showed up Thursday afternoon with some friends in tow. Great to party with Brian and Sabina.

Also had The Barney's, Chris Cory and family, Jenkins family, Uncle Mike (Curtin) and Bubba, Julian and Gumby. Tami was having tooth ache issues so she and Brian just came out for the day on Saturday but without bikes.

Not too much riding done but a lot of partying and Charley and Russ took our friends from Arroyo Grande on two Rhino Rides, now they can say they've experienced a "Viewie Adventure", they didn't get back Saturday until about 6:00!

Weather was totally spectaular the entire weekend, NO wind, sunny in the 60's during the day and 30's at night.

Fun times for sure!!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #25 : January 04, 2010, 11:54:10 am »

Got to see a few of the Viewies on Saturday, made the trip over there to say HI.

Lila had a "adventure" herself, got into some rain ruts and before I could turn around the bike and stop her she was about 3 feet down into a ditch and a "LITTLE" sideways  ;D  and several times the sand wash got too narrow for the Rhino and she had to do some backtracking/boondocking, but she made it unscathed  8) 
She was a "little" wound up when we got there so whoever supplied the wine cooler, THANKS.

And Donn, that GPS cable is definatly NOT mine, I have 2 of them here.
Hope your feeling better, I just got over some illness myself, felt like crap on friday and did not ride at all.

Overall we had a great weekend.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #26 : January 04, 2010, 06:03:54 pm »

Lila had a "adventure" herself, got into some rain ruts and before I could turn around the bike and stop her she was about 3 feet down into a ditch and a "LITTLE" sideways  ;D  and several times the sand wash got too narrow for the Rhino and she had to do some backtracking/boondocking, but she made it unscathed  8) 
She was a "little" wound up when we got there so whoever supplied the wine cooler, THANKS.

Overall we had a great weekend.

I wondered why she was a bit more uptight than usual. When I asked her about driving over by herself she said yes but she wasn't very comfortable doing it. So was it you or J.J. that led her down the tough trail?
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #27 : January 05, 2010, 01:27:47 am »

So was it you or J.J. that led her down the tough trail?

ME  ;D

Things went well most of the way until we crossed the RXR tracks on Searls and found a dirt road that paralleled the pavement, thats when things got ugly, so we backtracked and followed the tracks over to Trona, then up the hill to your spot.  JJ and Adam with the other Bob and his wife Paula and son Ethan went thru the hills on a MUCH more difficult route and still beat us there!!

It was fun and She will get over it, she went thru the same "trauma" when she drove the Rhino over to the Dirt Diggers race from "the cattle guard" area.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #28 : January 05, 2010, 06:02:40 pm »

Here's a couple shots of some fun stuff with C.B. and me:

Donn & C.B. discussing the merits of some trophy.

It seems Sir Charles was up a little late on 12/31 and couldn't hang on New Years night, in bed at 8:00 so Kyle thought this would be the perfect opportunity for some long overdue retribution
« : January 05, 2010, 06:04:15 pm Donn Nay - D37 Rep »
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #29 : January 06, 2010, 06:53:52 am »

Back ground on the trophy Donn is still crying about cheating so I had to brake out the kick the can trophy just to show him some Viewfinder bling bling.
Donn I had a feeling that photo would show up, the moral of the story is don't trust your wife. Just when you think you can trust your wife she runs point for the attack. All in all good fun.

Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
: