Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:26:01 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  New Years Weekend
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: New Years Weekend  ( 4981 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« : December 04, 2009, 02:41:49 pm »

Once again the Nay family and friends will be at Teagle Wash for New Years. I'm sure some of Pam's family will be out earlier buy we're planning on arriving late 12/30 or early 12/31. Hope lots of our Viewie family can join us. I believe the Barney's will be there again (I promise to not loan out your Rhino again Charlie >:() as will Cousin Chuckie and his extended family. Will the Jenkins be there again? How 'bout Sandy and crew?

Should be tons of fun, hopefully we can do some riding this time, too much partying last year, only got in one ride, Brian got none!

Look for the Viewfinder and "Toys Are Us" signs, we are camping in a new spot, some of you joined the Jenkins for Thankgiving and that's where we're going. Follow the signs from the intersection of Trona and Searles, the camp is about 1/2 mile norhtwest of that intersection, just over a little nole. Russ said it was great on the big weekend, away from the crowds.

Charles, can you bring out the tunes again? I'll have my XM with me for sure.
« : December 04, 2009, 03:37:39 pm Donn Nay - Pit Boss & D37 Rep »
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #1 : December 04, 2009, 06:30:30 pm »

We will be there probably early 12/31 but maybe late 12/30. The entrance to the spot is ON Searles station just before the intersection of Trona. I was planning on going to visit them over Thanksgiving but never made it. I am not sure where you go once you turn into the turnout though.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #2 : December 07, 2009, 08:26:34 am »

We will be there probably early 12/31 but maybe late 12/30. The entrance to the spot is ON Searles station just before the intersection of Trona. I was planning on going to visit them over Thanksgiving but never made it. I am not sure where you go once you turn into the turnout though.

Signs will be posted but from what I can understand and see on Google Earth its about 1/2 way along that asphalt spur alongside Trona and then west, Russ says 1/2 mile.
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #3 : December 07, 2009, 10:37:33 am »

I never drove down the asphalt area, I only turned around at the entrance. The Viewfinder sign pointed into the asphalt area and if you went straight, there was a step little dirt road going over a little rise. I didn't think they would have gone that way so I figured it was down the asphalt somewhere that they turned in. As long as there are signs, it shouldn't be a problem.

We had to kill a Mojave green over Thanksgiving also. It was right next to the motor home next to my trailer. I think the rain may have brought it up to the surface. I wish we didn't have to kill it but there were to many dogs and kids around to take a chance of trying to just move it.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #4 : December 12, 2009, 11:30:29 am »

We had to kill a Mojave green over Thanksgiving also. It was right next to the motor home next to my trailer. I think the rain may have brought it up to the surface. I wish we didn't have to kill it but there were to many dogs and kids around to take a chance of trying to just move it.

Sometimes you have to do that, Our group usually has about 8-10 kids and a half dozen dogs, always a concern about one of those critters showing up near camp.  Mr Green has an especially nasty temper.

We will be camped over near the "Football Field/Cattle Guard" area off 395 (Just past Norms favorite hill)
and will do a ride over to your spot, so I will be coming over from the RXR tunnel area and then along Searls towards Trona rd.  Usually we continue along Searls to Trona rd and cross the road and then use "pipeline' to get over to Teagle and Stevens Mine area.  Not sure if thats the best way or find a trail along Searls Cutoff and ride over to Trona rd from there   ???  

Help!!
« : December 12, 2009, 12:20:31 pm Bob Johnson »

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #5 : December 12, 2009, 03:13:36 pm »

Just stay parallel to Searles until you hit Trona Rd. On the north side of Searles, just before Trona, there is a "spur" of old asphalt heading north parallel to Trona. Take that and you'll see the signs.

I'll have your GPS with me too Bob.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #6 : December 12, 2009, 05:34:02 pm »

Just stay parallel to Searles until you hit Trona Rd. On the north side of Searles, just before Trona, there is a "spur" of old asphalt heading north parallel to Trona. Take that and you'll see the signs.

I'll have your GPS with me too Bob.

COOL, We will make it over and stay for awhile.
I looked at Google and saw the area, THANKS.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #7 : December 13, 2009, 05:01:12 pm »

We will bring the stereo system. We will out new years eve after work
CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #8 : December 14, 2009, 10:15:08 am »

We will bring the stereo system. We will out new years eve after work
CB

I'll have the XM with me too.

Need LOTS of firewood; I know its gonna be COLD and Russ always brings a lot but if everyone brings what they can it would help a lot.
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #9 : December 17, 2009, 07:08:16 pm »

I dont have my Jan schedual yet but I am working new years eve and new years. I would like to come out Sat and stay till monday. when are you all levaing?

Once again the Nay family and friends will be at Teagle Wash for New Years. I'm sure some of Pam's family will be out earlier buy we're planning on arriving late 12/30 or early 12/31. Hope lots of our Viewie family can join us. I believe the Barney's will be there again (I promise to not loan out your Rhino again Charlie >:() as will Cousin Chuckie and his extended family. Will the Jenkins be there again? How 'bout Sandy and crew?

Should be tons of fun, hopefully we can do some riding this time, too much partying last year, only got in one ride, Brian got none!

Look for the Viewfinder and "Toys Are Us" signs, we are camping in a new spot, some of you joined the Jenkins for Thankgiving and that's where we're going. Follow the signs from the intersection of Trona and Searles, the camp is about 1/2 mile norhtwest of that intersection, just over a little nole. Russ said it was great on the big weekend, away from the crowds.

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #10 : December 18, 2009, 07:57:28 am »

I dont have my Jan schedual yet but I am working new years eve and new years. I would like to come out Sat and stay till monday. when are you all levaing?

We'll be leaving Sunday
Gumby
Viewfinder

: 298

« #11 : December 20, 2009, 12:23:52 pm »

my dad and i are going.  We dont know when we will get out there but we can stay into monday with you sandy

-Gumby
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #12 : December 20, 2009, 02:06:09 pm »

my dad and i are going.  We dont know when we will get out there but we can stay into monday with you sandy

-Gumby

Glad you can make it Gamounts!! Should be quite a large group.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #13 : December 20, 2009, 07:31:07 pm »

Should be quite a large group.

Save some "cold ones" for Me,  Most likely on Saturday so I don't get in the way of the football viewing  :o

The bigger the group the easier it is to find you guys, maybe we can go over to Stevens Mine road and raid the RV net guys coolers  :D

See Ya soon

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #14 : December 21, 2009, 08:34:10 pm »

Bombay Beach baby that's where we will be. Remember don't fly any flags or wear colors or hang too close that weekend.
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: