Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:56:10 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Sir Charles Rides Dual Sport
0 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Sir Charles Rides Dual Sport  ( 3702 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« : February 23, 2010, 03:33:32 pm »

We got Charley Barney to slow down enough this weekend to ride dual sport with Brian and I. We rode the San Diego Adventure Riders Desert Dash in Anza Borrego State Park. Fun ride, great scenery and Sir Charles even behaved himself, only twisted the throttle once or twice when someone went by us. I think he kind of enjoyed the relaxed pace a bit. He was surprised at how some of the Dual Sport crowd handles (or doesn't) tough obstacles along the trail.

All in all a fun, relaxing weekend, rode about 300 miles in two days.

I'll have my full report up on the Dual Sport message board tonight.

Big John, you missed a fun ride!
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #1 : February 23, 2010, 04:40:25 pm »

Photos???

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #2 : February 24, 2010, 07:22:52 am »

Thanks Donn and Brian for letting me stay in the trailer with you and  putting up with me. It was a fun time and completely it different deal then any event I had done before. Most dual sport riders have some interesting riding skills but I must say everyone was very cool, what a laid back crowd. For me the draw was the mileage and navigation I believe I need to do some more of these. Also we all were flying the Golden rod and were asked several times what the Viewfinders are now a anther group have been exposed to the Golden Rod.

Thanks again for the good time.

Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

: 201

« #3 : February 25, 2010, 01:37:36 pm »

Had a great time on the ride as well as the just the camping time.  I think Charlie can smell the faintest bit of sunshine, and it wakes him up.  He was quiet as a chruch mouse ... until he was aware that someone else was awake.  Then it was like dropping the banner.  Charlie did great with other riders going by us, and others getting in the way.  I only saw a little of foam around his mouth when the "Bad Charlie" was trying to get out.  It was interesting to watch him entertain himself while dealing with the slower pace.  He was busting through boulder fields, rain washouts and other nasties the trail went around.  Charlie just made the trail go a little straighter. 

Oh, by the way, Charlie and Donn, I have an excuse for my mud bath at the end of Sunday.  I discovered my steering damper blew out.  I know that is what caused me to flop around in the muck like like a hooked fish.  I'm pretty sure neither of you can prove any different so that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #4 : February 25, 2010, 01:42:25 pm »

Had a great time on the ride as well as the just the camping time.  I think Charlie can smell the faintest bit of sunshine, and it wakes him up.  He was quiet as a chruch mouse ... until he was aware that someone else was awake.  Then it was like dropping the banner.  Charlie did great with other riders going by us, and others getting in the way.  I only saw a little of foam around his mouth when the "Bad Charlie" was trying to get out.  It was interesting to watch him entertain himself while dealing with the slower pace.  He was busting through boulder fields, rain washouts and other nasties the trail went around.  Charlie just made the trail go a little straighter.  

Oh, by the way, Charlie and Donn, I have an excuse for my mud bath at the end of Sunday.  I discovered my steering damper blew out.  I know that is what caused me to flop around in the muck like like a hooked fish.  I'm pretty sure neither of you can prove any different so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

It looks like it was sticking to You  :o

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #5 : February 25, 2010, 05:12:51 pm »

Oh, by the way, Charlie and Donn, I have an excuse for my mud bath at the end of Sunday.  I discovered my steering damper blew out.  I know that is what caused me to flop around in the muck like like a hooked fish.  I'm pretty sure neither of you can prove any different so that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Oh brother, now I've heard it all, we weren't even going 15 mph, how could a bad steering damper cause you to take a mud bath? That's even weak on MY level!

If any of you want to know what he looked like check out my ride report on the DS message board.
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

: 201

« #6 : February 25, 2010, 05:53:30 pm »

Oh brother, now I've heard it all, we weren't even going 15 mph, how could a bad steering damper cause you to take a mud bath? That's even weak on MY level!

Mud can be death at any speed!  I'm pretty sure that's a scientific fact ... or maybe it's in the Bible.  Anyway, that's what caused my horrendous crash ... swear!
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #7 : February 25, 2010, 07:00:30 pm »

I've wanted to ride that area for a while I decided I should go Wednesday night. Went golfing Thursday after work untill 8:00.  So I had to flake due to my heavy drinking and my inability to get my crap together. Would have been fun.
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #8 : February 26, 2010, 07:59:15 am »

(I've wanted to ride that area for a while I decided I should go Wednesday night. Went golfing Thursday after work until 8:00.  So I had to flake due to my heavy drinking and my inability to get my crap together. Would have been fun.) J.T.
John what the hell, when has drinking ever stop you before brother? You missed a good time.

If the truth be told Brian (MUD DOG) Mathews was doing back flips on the edges of the road like some 18 something kid when he stick the landing and got his orange baby all muddy. ;D.  He kinda look like a pudding pop when he rode up very funny or at lease Donn and myself enjoyed it.

Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #9 : February 26, 2010, 10:22:09 am »

Mud can be death at any speed!  I'm pretty sure that's a scientific fact ... or maybe it's in the Bible.  Anyway, that's what caused my horrendous crash ... swear!

You could have at least provided a link Donn!

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #10 : February 26, 2010, 01:42:57 pm »

Don't know how to "link It" but the one pic is better than reading Donn's LOOOOONG narration  :P

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #11 : February 26, 2010, 04:53:21 pm »

Oh yea, I ain't saying anything about Brians "belly flop" in the mud, He got some entertainment watching Me make a stupid move in some rocks and do a head over heals flop into the rocks at K M  :-[

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #12 : February 27, 2010, 03:11:46 pm »

thanks for the cut/past Bob.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #13 : February 27, 2010, 09:07:06 pm »

thanks for the cut/past Bob.

Could NOT resist  ;D

Didn't "Mud Dog Matthews" take a "Mud Bath" up at K M ??

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #14 : March 03, 2010, 12:13:12 pm »

So we have a growing fleet of D S bikes in the club ??

Donn, Brian, Myself, Aaron, Jenni, John T, Sir Charles, soon Russ ??

JJ's KTM is plated, just missing most of the lights/mirror/etc.

JJJ (John Johnson) has a plated Husky.

Any more ??

I have 4 co-workers/friends with D S bikes.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: