Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:32:29 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Thank you
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Thank you  ( 1582 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« : October 04, 2010, 06:45:17 pm »

I would personally like to thank each and every club member, family and friend that helped to make the 37th annual Viewfinders Grand Prix the best G.P., of 2010. The response from virtually all the racers was extremely positive. I really think we hit this one out of the park! Every year I think, "how can we outdo ourslelves next year? And damn it , we did it again. Russ was even talking about plans for next year, and it will surely be another epic race.

Everyone take a bow, you deserve it!
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #1 : October 04, 2010, 10:27:51 pm »

Thank you, and thank YOU!  ;D

As you said, everyone was talking about how much they liked our event. I think everyone put in the extra effort this year and it paid off. I wish there was some way for us all to see what everyone else does. I got to see a little more of the course this year but still not most of it.

I am not sure if anyone else noticed the sign up course.  :D I setup a little sign up path course with the arrows this year. Up arrows on the straight paths, one then two then three arrows on the turn leading into the building then up arrows at the beginning of the lines and down arrows at the tables. Just one of the little things that make up the whole. Vendor row has been an issue this year in the Big 6 series and I was happy that it came together as I planned. All the vendors were happy and the previous conflicts between vendors seemed to not be an issue with our event.

Now for the numbers, we have the largest GP entries this year! I need to double check it still but it looks like we had 1092 total entries which is 180 higher than the Prairie Dogs at Glen Helen. Vikings last month only had 755 so we are not just the highest entry club because were were the first GP after the summer break. We have the highest entries because we are the best! It is because of all the hard work that all of you put out that make this what it is. 

Not to diminish the work of anyone else but I would like to give a special thank you to Keith Jones. Keith, you are one of the most dedicated people I know and we would have a really hard time making this what it is without you. Most of you know that Keith goes out throughout the year making sure that everything gets taken care of with the the Fairgrounds and the city. We should all strive to have the dedication that Keith does.

Thank you again to everyone and lets all try to get out to the desert more often!

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Ian and Nicole Salvas
Viewfinder

: 6

« #2 : October 05, 2010, 08:56:28 am »

The GP was great this year, I think we had more fun this year than the riders. It was great to get out there Wednesday and put the final touches on the course. I got to see a lot of the course I had never seen and was able to help out in some other areas after we wrapped up the dog pound.

Can't wait until next year, our club definitely sets the benchmark for how a GP should be ran and laid out, and I am sure that we will raise the bar again next year with some new twists to the course.

I say more mud!!!!!! Ha Ha.....Some people loved it, some people hated it, but everyone will remember it!!!! It seems to be the talk of the town on the D37 board.

See everyone at the poker run.

Ian
« : October 05, 2010, 09:19:21 am Ian and Nicole Salvas »
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #3 : October 05, 2010, 09:14:38 am »

Now that I got 14 hours of sleep  :o  and I can think a little better  ;D

All I can say is WOW, I think everything went very well, racers were "hooting and hollering" or giving workers the "thumbs Up".

I did not get out and see the whole course (Again), but the sections I did see were in great shape and well thought out.

Keith is the "Energiser Bunny", I can't imagine how He does it, but He is the glue that bonds everyone and everything together to make it such a great event. (NOT taking anything away from anyone else)  We as a group work very hard and sacrifice our time and $$$ to make sure the event goes off successfully and for the 3 years that I have been out there, I always leave with sadness that its over and I may not see some of you for a long time, but with pride that we put on a outstanding event !!

Thank You to all of My Viewfinder Family for your efforts.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #4 : October 05, 2010, 08:14:26 pm »

I forgot to mention another very important person involved in Our successful event.

THANKS to Gordon, seems like he is in that "Loader" 24/7, lifting/pulling/pushing something.
Add to that, when someone/something gets stuck who shows up to help ??

THANKS Gordon

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #5 : October 06, 2010, 01:09:54 pm »

WE ALL PULLED THIS TOGETHER!!! Without everyone pitching in, this event would not come together as the BEST BIG 6 GP EVENT!!
There is not a better group outside the Viewfinder Family to pull off an event like ours! Thanks for the compliments on my efforts, but I only help pull some of the strings and glue together some of the pieces to help US make this event what it is, THE BEST !!!
This Ridgecrest GP is put together by the VIEWFINDERS! :)  Each and every one of us can be proud on our 2010 GREAT accomplishment!
I blame my dedication to this event and the City of Ridgecrest on Tara??? This is her hometown and it is Gordon and Jackie's fault for me adopting her @ our 1st GP in 2003!!!
Gordon does love playing in the dirt and he does it like no other! He is most instrumental in making this event happen _.._
GREAT JOB EVERYONE!
« : October 06, 2010, 03:30:08 pm Keith Jones - VP »
Russ & Deanna Jenkins
Viewfinder

: 435

« #6 : October 06, 2010, 02:00:13 pm »

:) :)

WELL SAID KEITH.......GREAT JOB VIEWIES!!!!!

DEE
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #7 : October 06, 2010, 06:11:46 pm »

I think we are working smarter for sure. I think the weather can make a big difference as well. The previous 2 years were brutal. Next year I will definitly schedule some vacation time I forgot how fun it can be to work with you people. This event was incredible our best yet!
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #8 : October 07, 2010, 07:24:25 am »

Job Well done everyone!! Viewe's ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #9 : October 07, 2010, 08:25:48 am »

Well said Keith.

And I will echo what Bob said about Gordon. He is almost as tireless as KJ, but I know he has fun playing with his dirt toys too.

On Monday, as I was getting ready to hookup and get out of there he was in the loader, doing his thing. He asked me, "is your fun meter pegged?" That was priceless. My response was, "past the redline, I need to recoup" He and Jackie are defiinitely very special folks and instrumental in making our race the success that it is.

For once I'm able to attend an October Sports committee meeting tonight, usually miss it because of setup. And this year its only 4 days after a very successful race. I'm actually looking forward to tonight's meeting.

Also Dad really enjoyed meeting a lot of you over the weekend. He had no idea what we did or how much work went into our race (his only G.P. experience was a couple of SRA G.P.'s we raced back in the late 60's early 70's). If he comes out again next year I'm going to get him around to some of the other sections so he can see what the other captains do.
Lipskid

: 54

Can we go now?

« #10 : October 07, 2010, 01:01:00 pm »

Great job Viewfinders! GP & Scrambles were both bitchin'! Been off my bike for awhile, but doin' youre races made me realize what fun was again! Thank You all for a great weekend!

Paul Cates, M25, DDMC

Dirtdiggers and Team B.A.B.O.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: