Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:42:12 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  I drank the kool aid.
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: I drank the kool aid.  ( 1588 )
Trhollister
Viewfinder

: 220

« : June 19, 2011, 01:04:28 am »

Well,i did it.Proud new owner of KTM 350 XC-F.I took a jump head first with this.First KTM,first four stroke,first new off road bike.

I hope its the right bike for me.I can tell you that it is a thing of beauty though.Cant wait to ride it. Pot
Jim Johnson
Viewfinder

: 124

« #1 : June 19, 2011, 07:48:24 am »

Show off!
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #2 : June 19, 2011, 12:16:48 pm »

It won't be pretty for long!

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #3 : June 19, 2011, 01:46:05 pm »

Open class for Terry,

NICE!
Trhollister
Viewfinder

« #4 : June 19, 2011, 03:31:46 pm »

This bike runs hot.I hope its not a problem at nationals or slow,tech races.

Other than that im pretty amazed by it.Starts so easy with the magic button.No bolts or screws to clean air filter,throttle responce is unreal with the EFI.No fuel petcock.I feel like a caveman when i look at it,seems too nice for me.

Ive only had it one day but i think the 300 2-stroke would suit me better but i still love it.Gotta try new things every now and then.
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« #5 : June 19, 2011, 10:01:57 pm »

Congrats!!! There are some good articles in DirtBike over the past few months on add/mods they dud to make it a little better.  Word is that it just flat rips out of the box.  I think the one major thing was the pipe.  Didnt see anything about heat issues though.  Im sure Julian would know if they are coming back with any issues.

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #6 : June 20, 2011, 07:11:37 am »

Terry has seen the light of Orange, very nice.  Keep track of the ride time and just the valves and all should be good, valve adjustment is a must. Enjoy the bike and pin it to win it.
CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #7 : June 20, 2011, 08:23:52 pm »

Terry has seen the light of Orange, very nice.  Keep track of the ride time and just the valves and all should be good, valve adjustment is a must. Enjoy the bike and pin it to win it.
CB

I like red and white BETA, get it better/ beta   ;D
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #8 : June 21, 2011, 07:39:40 pm »

My Katoom ran pretty hot until  broken in and I rejetted it, there are fan kits that will help for the slower races.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #9 : June 22, 2011, 07:35:11 am »

Since its F.I. you won't need any jetting but if its still running hot maybe a remap of the F.I. Check TT and KTM talk, lots of good info. there about these bikes.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #10 : June 22, 2011, 12:53:42 pm »

Since its F.I. you won't need any jetting but if its still running hot maybe a remap of the F.I. Check TT and KTM talk, lots of good info. there about these bikes.

F I bikes are still lean to meet EPA/Cali emissions, usually need to be remaped fo sure.
Looking at Thumper talk, fan kits are worth it for slower speed running, some bike specific kits and some "Home brew" kits out there.
I am thinking of "fanning" my 250, she gets warm in the slow stuff and pukes coolant compounding the problem.
I am thinking a "computer" fan and hooking it up to the headlight switch which is not being used.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #11 : June 22, 2011, 12:56:32 pm »

Show off!

JJ is just jealous he fixed Da five-two-five and didn't trade it in for a three-five-O  :-(~

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Trhollister
Viewfinder

« #12 : June 26, 2011, 04:55:31 pm »

I rode it for the first time today off road.Hit some nice singlertrack up by Hemet/idylwyld.

No overheating or coolant loss even though it was 95 degrees out there.Bike does NOT have a ton of low end power,needs to be shifted accordingly which is fine.Doesnt seem to have the engine brake effect that four strokes have which i kind of like.Suspension and chassis is second to nothing i have ever ridden.It instills confidense in me.

I think my old school cr250 might be faster,but it doesnt handle any where as good.Not even close.If you are thinking about buying a new four stroke KTM,wait until the 450s get EFI and linkage and go with that.Bottom line though i love this bike,cant wait to race it.

Well thats my first ride report incase anyone was curious.Ill let this thread die now.Looking forward to a big bear ride report from Jim and Aaron.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: