Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:12:36 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Club pets
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Club pets  ( 2283 )
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« : December 19, 2011, 05:18:53 pm »

I read some posts over on D-37 about lost dogs, some good info if the dog escapes.
A Tag with cell phone number and club name or an old Viewfinder finisher pin on their collar, that way someone else who does not know the dog will know a where to take the dog.  We do have a tag on the dogs with our home phone number, but that won't do anyone any good while you out in the DEZ, so now they have both. If you have a "pest" instead of a Pet, put K J's phone number on the tag  ;D

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #1 : December 19, 2011, 08:31:03 pm »

Good info Bob. I didn't really think about it. We have our home numbers on them which forward to my cell phone but that still doesn't do any good in some of the areas that don't have cell service. Putting the club tag of some sort is a great idea.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #2 : December 19, 2011, 09:19:17 pm »

NOT my idea,  Ryan Wilson came up with the club name on their tag and Staci Doerkson for the club finisher pin.
We had another tag made this weekend with a cell number and club name to add to the other one with their name and home phone #.
Another expensive option is a GPS collar which hunters use, has something like a 75 mile radius and 20+ hours of run time that you can track your dog.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #3 : December 19, 2011, 09:28:38 pm »

Toby has always had one of those PetsMart make a tag deals with Viewfinders, his name and cell nos. We actually got called when he bolted one New Year's eve in the dez. Met up with the camp he ran to and all was well. When he was little and wanted to visit the 4 Aces camp all the time.... members who didn't know him walked him over to our camp a time or 2.

Kandy Thornton
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #4 : December 20, 2011, 07:27:08 am »

GREAT idea. Will get one made for Max. Need to do it anyway, all she has now is her license tag.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #5 : December 20, 2011, 10:17:18 am »

Both PetSmart and PetCo have the machine that does the engraving while you wait, the tags are ~10 bucks.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #6 : December 20, 2011, 01:39:25 pm »

Both PetSmart and PetCo have the machine that does the engraving while you wait, the tags are ~10 bucks.

I got one as soon as I got Dakar.  Best way to get your dog back. 

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #7 : December 20, 2011, 03:05:19 pm »

Max had one but it got caught in between the boards on the deck and broke. I like the idea of the club name too, may take more than one tag though.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #8 : December 20, 2011, 03:23:48 pm »

Max had one but it got caught in between the boards on the deck and broke. I like the idea of the club name too, may take more than one tag though.
Ours are running 3 tags each, the county tag, their name/our name and home phone # tag and the new one with cell# and Viewfinder M/C.
NOT sure all the info would fit on one tag without being so large that it would get caught on stuff. Besides the 3 tags kinda "Jingle" when they run  ;D

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Jim Johnson
Viewfinder

: 124

« #9 : December 20, 2011, 04:24:57 pm »

Would this work for the older club members also?
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #10 : December 20, 2011, 04:27:15 pm »

YES,
I am going to get a "SPOT" tracker and give them your home/cell numbers  :-(~

And I said PETS, NOT PESTS  :P

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #11 : December 20, 2011, 05:53:10 pm »

Wouldn't be a bad idea to get HIM chipped also!!! Pot
Cchollister
Viewfinder

: 233

« #12 : December 20, 2011, 07:12:02 pm »

Thanksgiving we were are Superstition and the camP next to use had a dog bolt with the fireworks. Wyatt was actually hiding in the trailer under the couch...but you never know when the dog will get lost. I am going to get Wyat. A tag with Viewfinders on it fOr the races. Thanks
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #13 : December 20, 2011, 08:48:37 pm »

Your not that far behind me  ;D

The good part is, since the "Old Geezers" only do one loop, it cuts down on the amount of acreage they need to search to find them.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #14 : December 21, 2011, 12:09:15 pm »

Your not that far behind me  ;D

The good part is, since the "Old Geezers" only do one loop, it cuts down on the amount of acreage they need to search to find them.
[/b] Also being they don't move so fast they don't travel to far ::)
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: