Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:23:26 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  500 yard Husky push, its for wimps!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: 500 yard Husky push, its for wimps!  ( 2157 )
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« : February 26, 2012, 05:50:45 pm »

Well while we were out doing some recon for the upcoming Fish Lake ride, my bike started making a funny noise.  I headed back to the truck and the Yamaha just died.  A new top end is now needed.  I figured I wasnt that far from camp, so I would just push it back.  It was 6 miles.  Top that with your Husky AP!!!  :-@

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #1 : February 26, 2012, 06:37:36 pm »

Well while we were out doing some recon for the upcoming Fish Lake ride, my bike started making a funny noise.  I headed back to the truck and the Yamaha just died.  A new top end is now needed.  I figured I wasnt that far from camp, so I would just push it back.  It was 6 miles.  Top that with your Husky AP!!!  :-@

I think the bike would have been left in the "weeds" while I hiked back to the truck and returned to pick it up.

Keep that up and you won't make a three-peat for the "mangicil award"  :P
« : February 26, 2012, 07:51:00 pm Bob Johnson - D37 Rep »

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Russ & Deanna Jenkins
Viewfinder

: 435

« #2 : February 26, 2012, 07:10:09 pm »

_.._ _.._ _.._ _.._ _.._

YOU THE MAN HUDY.........NO MORE MANGASIL FOR YOU!!!    _.._ _.._ _.._

Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #3 : February 26, 2012, 07:26:38 pm »

Sorry to hear that Hudy but no pass for you. You need to get that thing rebuilt before HBMC!  ;)
I am with Bob though, I think I would have walked back to the truck and then went back for the bike. Unless you were doing it as a work out.  ;D

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #4 : February 26, 2012, 08:08:52 pm »

Well while we were out doing some recon for the upcoming Fish Lake ride, my bike started making a funny noise.  I headed back to the truck and the Yamaha just died.  A new top end is now needed.  I figured I wasnt that far from camp, so I would just push it back.  It was 6 miles.  Top that with your Husky AP!!!  :-@

I did mine at a sprint to finish a motocross race.  It sounds like you just had a nice relaxing nature walk. 

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« #5 : February 26, 2012, 09:05:16 pm »

I did mine at a sprint to finish a motocross race.  It sounds like you just had a nice relaxing nature walk. 

Since When did you start wearing your hat sideways?

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #6 : February 27, 2012, 12:37:14 pm »

Many, many years ago at El Mirage, A friends G F's bike broke down, I had him stay with Her while I rode back to camp for a truck.
I was by myself so I rode carefully and on well traveled trails, but somehow managed to foul a plug several miles from camp, no problem I have a spare plug/wrench clamped to the frame, NOT !!  it must have fallen off somewhere. I tossed the bike in some brush and started walking back when another rider came along and he had a plug wrench and we got the Zuke running and everything worked out.  hiking in moto boots sucks !!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #7 : February 27, 2012, 08:19:27 pm »

Well while we were out doing some recon for the upcoming Fish Lake ride, my bike started making a funny noise.  I headed back to the truck and the Yamaha just died.  A new top end is now needed.  I figured I wasnt that far from camp, so I would just push it back.  It was 6 miles.  Top that with your Husky AP!!!  :-@

I think the bike would have been left in the "weeds" while I hiked back to the truck and returned to pick it up.

Keep that up and you won't make a three-peat for the "mangicil award"  :P

I said the same thing.

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #8 : March 03, 2012, 08:24:31 pm »

[/QUOTE]

You are one step short of this guy Hudy. 

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #9 : March 04, 2012, 06:09:44 pm »

You are one step short of this guy Hudy.  
[/quote]

Good one,
I doubt I could walk 5 miles in moto boots, let alone push a "dead bike".
« : March 05, 2012, 11:12:15 am Bob Johnson - D37 Rep »

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: