Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:17:53 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Badgers Dual Euro Roll Call
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Badgers Dual Euro Roll Call  ( 2461 )
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

: 676

« #15 : May 14, 2014, 02:19:08 am »

Ya it was WINDY.  I don't think I've ever seen the wind blow so hard for an entire weekend.  This is now 3 race weekends in row with wind...this is getting a little old.  However, the race gods love old guys cuz both Saturday and Sunday the wind was down for the first race.  B course on Saturday started by Stephens Mine Rd with a very shortbomb then up a rocky hill over.  First 2/3 was fairly technical with a nice flow.  Then some nice un-whooped out sand washes back to home check.  A course, on the west side of Trona,  was fast and open.  Darrell Moore decided to give it shot so that made a total of 2 Viewfinders that raced for the weekend.  Had a great race with him.....Got by him as we went out on the second loop.  He was right behind me for the rest of the race until maybe a mile before the finish.  That damn 500 just has more top end and he used it on the dirt road they had us on.  Oh well, I'll get him next time.  Grumpy was taking pictures on the road and got a great shot of me with Darrell literally 30 feet behind.  I'll post it when I get it from him.
Dave Springer
Viewfinder

: 676

« #16 : May 14, 2014, 06:09:29 am »

I had a senior (actually Masters to be precise) moment.  Nils Davis and Steve Davis (wait, are they brothers?) rolled in Saturday morning.  Nils raced course A 1st race.  Nailed a big rock on the bomb, DNFed.  Looked like his shoulder/collar bone took the hit.  Steve was on course B race 2.  Had a lousy bomb, got tangled up with the hill just past the end of the bomb, but made up for it by winning his class and 3rd o/a out of 20 some racers.  They headed back to Bishop to have Nils looked after.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #17 : May 14, 2014, 07:01:29 am »

thanks Dave. Saw the wind reports on the district message board, that totally sucks. But only as much as us only having 4 racers out there, pitiful.
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #18 : May 14, 2014, 07:30:24 am »

thanks Dave. Saw the wind reports on the district message board, that totally sucks. But only as much as us only having 4 racers out there, pitiful.
John R, Hal Halgath and I were out spectating both days. Dave and Darrel had their umbilical cord hooked up on Sunday. Great club competition and brotherly luv!!!
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #19 : May 16, 2014, 07:13:01 pm »

Thanks for the report Dave! I was hoping to come out Saturday but did a 70 hour week last week and its been about a 60 hour week this week. No time for play right now.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: