Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:58:00 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  2nd Annual Kennedy Meadows Club Outing
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: 2nd Annual Kennedy Meadows Club Outing  ( 3183 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« : May 31, 2007, 10:38:49 am »

Let's try a poll, let everyone know it's here so it becomes meaningful. I have a friend that wants to tag along and most need to get vacation days scheduled in advance so I cut this off at June 20. I limited it to only 3 choices on purpose so we get a better concentration of votes. K.M. is mostly for two wheels only but Russ said there is somewhere else we can camp where there is some limited 4 wheel access, Charley might know where this is and can chime in here. Seems like Russ said it was closer to the river, if there is one this year as dry as it was.
desertgrl125

: 13

« #1 : June 03, 2007, 08:59:12 pm »

You guys can't go on July 14th and 15th. That's when us Dirt Diggers have our field meet and challenge other clubs, but mainly you Viewfinders.

I think Russ was probably talking about either Monanche Meadows or Sherman jeep trail where you can have 4 wheels. 

DDMC
Terry
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #2 : June 04, 2007, 04:17:32 pm »

We would be all over the Diggers thing but we booked that week at the beach back in January. Not enough weekends come on retirement.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #3 : June 04, 2007, 06:58:17 pm »

So I've heard rumors about some DD vs. Viewie thing for a couple of years but nothing offical. What's the deal?
desertgrl125

: 13

« #4 : June 04, 2007, 09:33:42 pm »

The Dirt Diggers field meet verses the Viewfinders was official a couple of years ago when the viewfinders actually showed up, they even say they won. It was a great time with you guys! Water, bikes, food, drinks and great viewfinder company! Last year we challenged them again, but they didn't show up. Now I guess this years it's for all who wants to come. Everyone else against the Diggers, the champions!!!
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #5 : June 05, 2007, 11:36:59 am »

Donn - 2 summers ago, it was Viewfinders v. Diggers or a combo of Dirt Finders who hit the Lake Isbaella/Kernville MX Track for some friendly competition. The sport of the day was field meet events and despite the Dirty Diggers taking out Kendall Norman at the start of each event, our own Travis Livingston rode away with the overall trophy. Mike "Extra Lap" McDonald earned his nickname that weekend as well.  It was a great weekend of friends, food and bench racing. Livingston would go on to win the Sat night festivities as well - avacado facial, great acceptance speech, and ummm... most interesting sleeping position!

We were not able to attend last year. We threw the event out to the club but I was taking care of my Dad over the summer, Brian had his surgery and I think it was just too much to pull together on short notice. We presented the Dirt Finder Trophy (my Margarita cup) to the Diggers on stage at the GP last year since we had to forfeit. Great rivalry!  The year we won, we displayed the trophy under lock and key and caught the Diggers many times attempting to crack the lock.  ;D

P.S. Terry - I thought our group was not "invited" back to Isabella?!  :o The Rangers weren't expecting such a big crowd! The lake was really high 2 years ago - I'm sure it would be a lot different this year.
« : June 05, 2007, 11:53:26 am Kandy Thornton »

Kandy Thornton
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #6 : June 05, 2007, 12:43:45 pm »

Sounds like fun! My associate at work was up at Isabella/Kern river over Memorial and said the water level was as low as it usually is in late summer, really bad.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #7 : June 25, 2007, 05:17:16 pm »

I spoke to Russ Jenkins last night and he's picked the date. He'll be heading up Wednesday afternoon, July 12, 2007 and be there through Sunday July 15. Who's in? Last year was a blast.
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #8 : June 25, 2007, 09:24:46 pm »

The poll indicated 0% for that weekend.
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #9 : June 26, 2007, 06:13:40 am »

The Barneys will be on vacation in Colorado fishing and riding the high country.
Have a great time.
Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #10 : June 26, 2007, 07:30:55 am »

Yes it did, I guess Russ already booked that weekend off, let me see what I can do, I completely fogot I started that poll!
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #11 : June 26, 2007, 12:54:19 pm »

Yep - this was the one weekend no one else could make it... If you guys go, have a good time and take some "Off", you're gonna need it!

Kandy Thornton
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #12 : July 05, 2007, 05:40:37 pm »

O.K. all 4 of those that voted for July 27-29 let me know who you are and if you're committed or not so I can talk Russ into moving the date or doing it twice.
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #13 : July 06, 2007, 07:51:37 am »

july 27-29 is good for me, i just need to know so i can get the xtra day off.

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #14 : July 11, 2007, 07:43:22 am »

:-[  O.K., I hate to be a pain in the keester, but is this going to happen? I'd like to know so i can get the time off or make other plans.

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
: [1]  
« previous next »
: