Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:59:10 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  Archived Race Reports and meeting minutes
| | |-+  Riders Helping Riders Report!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Riders Helping Riders Report!  ( 5137 )
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« : November 26, 2007, 09:11:09 am »

Hey Viewies!  A quick report from the Riders Helping Riders race this past weekend.  As most of you know, the Viewfinders volunteered to work the start. John, Jon and I arrived early Friday a.m. and were soon followed by the Gas~Man himself Keith Jones and his much better half Tara along with one-half of the club?s Blues Bros duo, Norm Takaki. We hit the start line area in the cold, blustery wind and after some chin scratching, consulting and chasing some play campers out of the area (kidding, they decided to leave after the found out a race was going to start about 20 feet from their camp), we got down to business on setting up 26 rows for the class start.

Naturally, Anal (I mean Keith) Jones had twine lengths all measured out and marked at 15 feet intervals so all we had to do was provide the manual labor of pounding stakes, attaching row cards and ribboning a new mini-bomb/course section to the first saddle in them thar hills. Mike Hastings soon arrived and helped finish the fine tuning on the course (danger markings, down arrows, etc.) and we all headed back to camp for naps, lunch and for some - a late afternoon ride. Brian McKenzie and Viewie sweetheart Erica pulled in and set up camp and we soon had Michael Hastings with us as well.  The wind died down later that night and despite coming prepared to blast the sound system and party into the night - the full moon, gazillion stars and great campfire lulled us into a relaxing evening of star gazing and planning some dream rides for the club. The only downside to the evening was the obnoxious fireworks that had poor Toby hiding in the bathroom ? shaking and panting. Tara also headed indoors and found a dark, quiet corner in our trailer to relax in.

Saturday morning dawned sunny, wind free and beautiful.  We headed back to the start to check on the markings and decided to play it extra safe and marked all danger/down arrow spots for about 100 yards wide.  We headed back to the start where Brian Mac and I teched and took down numbers. Russ Jenkins, Vince Balsitas (and son), Brian Mundell (and groupies) had arrived and it looked like we had things under control. We were scheduled for a 9:00 a.m. start and the Viewie banner dropped for the first row at 9:15 ? not too bad considering the number of riders!  All went smooth after that and we sent 26 rows off with a Viewfinder banner drop and then proceeded to pull ribbon, stakes and clean up the start area. 

We had one member on the pit board ? Matt and Bob Alexander came out for the day and word is Jonesy put together a NASCAR style pit for Matt.  Matt Eddy was also out racing, but brought his own entourage to take care of his needs. Rumor is Matt Eddy finished 2nd overall and Matt A. finished 2nd in class.  Congrats to both Matties!

We hung around the campfire the rest of the afternoon ? it had a whole different feel since it was only Saturday and there was no rush to get home. Our relaxing soiree soon came to an end as Russ was leaving and decided to go bush whacking in his truck. We heard a pop and then a hiss and much to Russ? dismay, he had punctured the sidewall of his rear tire. We scrambled to help, but soon discovered Russ had lost his spare ?key?. Ford has a wonderful system where each vehicle has a key code to fit into the spare lowerer. After borrowing about 6 different ?keys? from different F250 owners, we came across one that fit and soon had Russ on his way.  Kieth ?the Animal? Jones headed out for his relaxing drive to the Salton Sea and the rest of us headed home.  Thanks to all the Viewies who came out to support RHR and I hope everyone else had a relaxing weekend of overeating, NO shopping and hanging Christmas lights!  Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Kandy Thornton
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #1 : November 26, 2007, 10:41:07 am »

I was bummed I didn't get to see Erica this past weekend :( .. She's a real sweetheart & I heard she brought out her hair supplies! Atta girl!!

I felt like I have been running ragged so I deemed it best to just stay at home and catch up on sleep, laundry, etc...

Hope to see all of you guys soon!~

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #2 : November 26, 2007, 12:44:08 pm »

Great 'race weekend' report! Did our NEW club sec deligate the report duties to MOM? ::) Kandy was the Dust Bunny this weekend! She looked like she had raced a 100 miler thru a silt bed ;D I wonder how many cans off Lemon Pledge it took JT to clean her up??? Kind of dusty waving off 25 rows and having the start truck in the middle of it all!                            Great Weekend, 'Anal'
ps. Ya got to admit the the start grid was impressive when WE ALL got it put together!!! The Viewies  always impress me on pulling things together in a GrRAND fashion. :)
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

« #3 : November 26, 2007, 03:21:58 pm »

Great 'race weekend' report! Did our NEW club sec deligate the report duties to MOM?

Actually, no .. she just merely took it upon herself.... I asked her about it this a.m... We figured it would be kinda hard to write seeing that she was there and I wasn't... I was also under the impression that I began office in 2008... so things were/are a tad unclear to me! I will assume the position now...

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #4 : November 26, 2007, 06:02:30 pm »

I'll let Aaron respond to this ONE...   :o
Great 'race weekend' report! Did our NEW club sec deligate the report duties to MOM?

Actually, no .. she just merely took it upon herself.... I asked her about it this a.m... We figured it would be kinda hard to write seeing that she was there and I wasn't... I was also under the impression that I began office in 2008... so things were/are a tad unclear to me! I will assume the position now...
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #5 : November 26, 2007, 06:05:53 pm »

Sorry for moving things forward. I stand corrected that '08 is not here yet!
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

« #6 : November 26, 2007, 10:59:02 pm »

hahah... I thought her write up was great... I was going to write one after the Husky thing but once again I was a tad lost... I am blonde you know.. I admit.. I confess.. it's true... I am blonde!~

Luv u guys!~

Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #7 : November 27, 2007, 06:33:58 am »

Keith are you trying to get me in trouble?  I have been trying so hard not to say anything about that.  I am going to sit over here in my corner and wait for 08 to begin.  Then we can officially bash the new club officer.

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #8 : November 27, 2007, 10:27:10 am »

Keith are you trying to get me in trouble?  I have been trying so hard not to say anything about that.  I am going to sit over here in my corner and wait for 08 to begin.  Then we can officially bash the new club officer.

That being said I assume all existing/returning officers cannot be bashed then, correct?
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

« #9 : November 27, 2007, 11:05:56 am »

That being said I assume all existing/returning officers cannot be bashed then, correct?

Oh no my dear... you ARE fair game! ha!

Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

« #10 : November 27, 2007, 11:18:16 am »

Aaron - the *position* has been ASSUMED!

Aaron Price
Officer

« #11 : November 27, 2007, 12:22:39 pm »

Hmmm.  Skipping along...  I am trying to be nice but your making it hard.  So who is going to Vikings?

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #12 : November 27, 2007, 12:40:16 pm »

Why are you changing this tocic??? ??? Should this part of the response/ question be a "New Topic"? You didn't hold back on Charlie Barney!!! ::) Why are you being polite to the Pink Poodle?
Hmmm.  Skipping along...  I am trying to be nice but your making it hard.  So who is going to Vikings?
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #13 : November 27, 2007, 05:20:23 pm »

The new administration seems a little on edge.
Aaron Price
Officer

« #14 : November 27, 2007, 05:21:18 pm »

Because I'm scared of her! Young, blonde = EVIL.  You should know that by now.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: