Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:57:18 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  Archived Race Reports and meeting minutes
| | |-+  Race Report
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Race Report  ( 3030 )
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« : March 10, 2008, 05:59:41 pm »

Friday night nice! Saturday team race windy. Racers were Keith Jones and Mike Hastings very exciting 1st place Keith or Kandy can type it up, did I say it was exciting, the finish of the year! Charlie Barney and Mike Macdonald 1st place, Todd Isles and Brian Cunningham a very impressive 2nd open vet expert, Brian Jones and Brian Mackeinzie a ho hum 1st and  John Thornton and Darrel Harrison (Rovers) disappointing 2nd. Kids Race Erica always puts in a very competitive effort 2nd overall, Austin Jones also rode hard but I forgot to ask where he finished both of them are true desert rats, they will dominate in a few years. Effort of the day once again Kyle Naye getting the pit stuff out despite blowing up his new truck at the top of the Cajon Pass. He missed a sure 1st place.  Productive meeting in the wind Saturday night the poker run is comming together.
                           Sunday morning was beautiful no wind and warm. 8 riders on the pit board, Charlie Barney age 51 found himself 2nd overall before the first check (SECOND OVER ALL) after 22 year old Nick Burson, he was so excited he crashed out on a bonzai down hill and didn't finish. Keith Jones finished 5 in class 34th over all, Brian Mackenzie made up 5 minutes on the second loop (he didn't pit sorry Kyle), Brian Jones flatted out in the first loop DNF, Aaron Price was 5th in class (solid ride), Pete Medina was worked and finished mid pack. Eric Lemoine (spelling I know) 1st race 1st place not bad. I pitted 3 people total and Keith uses his own can. Thanks for making me haul all that stuff out for almost nothing Kyle but I'm not one to complain. We were done before 12:00. Great day over all for all.
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #1 : March 10, 2008, 07:23:25 pm »

It's a good thing you only had 3 riders to pit.  Rumor has it you were DRUNK by the 4th rider through the pits.  JOHNNY  you really need some help!
Brian Jones
Viewfinder

: 57

« #2 : March 10, 2008, 08:57:18 pm »

Thanks John for dirving to Viewy camp #2 to pick up our pit stuff and returning it after the race. As the proud father of Austin I would like to report that he finished 1st overall and 1st in class in the kids race. He also raced his 65 aginst the 85's  in the big kids race.
Brian Jones

06 KTM 450EXC,
 D-37 V57 int

MAMMOTHKTM.COM
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #3 : March 11, 2008, 01:22:06 pm »

Brian Jones flatted out in the first loop DNF,

How many races in a row have you flatted out B.J.? I think you're giving the Flat Matts a run for their money!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #4 : March 11, 2008, 01:31:35 pm »

Effort of the day once again Kyle Naye getting the pit stuff out despite blowing up his new truck at the top of the Cajon Pass. He missed a sure 1st place.   

He sure is bummed he missed the race, actually worked on his bike before this one and was pretty psyched up, wanted another first place trophy before his transfer comes through. Still don't have a vedict on his truck but I suspect he fried the engine, oil smells burned and per his description sounds like the thermostat might have stuck shut. As far as the pit stuff is concerned that is the second thing I thought of when he called me at 6:15 A.M. to tell me he was broke down. He still owes Uncle Mike a truck wash and a tank of gas!

Speaking of owing someone, did you get your twelve pack (minus one) Cactus?
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #5 : March 11, 2008, 02:31:19 pm »

Here's my take on the racing action this weekend.  Saturday a.m. dawned clear, windy and cool.  Made our way down Bessemer to the pits scoping out the "facilities" along the way since the bomb/pits were nowhere near camp/sign ups.  Damn... gonna have to watch the water intake - there's nothing around?!  Toodles was sent ahead to reserve a space for the Viewies next to his partner Brian Cunningham. We squeeze the Rhino in and start watching everyone else jockying for position on the narrow pit row.

We had A few Viewie/viewie teams and a couple of Viewies teamed up with others:

Charlie Barney/Mike McDonald
Keith Jones/Mike Hastings
Brian MacKenzie/Brian Jones
Todd Iles/Brian Cunningham (Fun Team)
John Thornton/Darrell Harrison (Rover)

First riders take off and we settle in to wait for the exchange.  Here comes Nick Burson hauling the mail and he hands off to one of the Viewies fave sons Mat Henderson. About 5 other teams come in and we see Sir Charles pushing the KTM 525 up pit row.  The rear hub chose to shatter and throw the chain at the home check leading into the pits ~ Talk about lucky!  Barney hands off to McDonald and we are all hoping "Extra Lap" remembers to hand the bike off when he comes back through!  Toodles arrives next with a rear flat and starts changing the tube as soon as Cunningham takes off.  The rest of the teams come through and things are running smoooooth....

McDonald does remember to hand the bike off to Charlie but he's complaining that he just doesn't fee comfortable on the KTM 300.  He looks around and spies an extra KTM wheel next to the Barney's truck and quickly swaps out the damaged one on the 525. Charles comes into the pits for the rider exchange and starts yelling at McDonald who is back on the 525, "The rear wheel is trashed... I don't have a spare.. you can't ride that bike.." McDonald responds: "I swapped it out with the spare by your truck" to which Charlies responds "That isn't MY wheel - it's Brian Jones!"  Haaaaa... we got a huge laugh out of that and had to tell the Vet Boyz they better not mess around and need a rear wheel! 

Kyle Nay arrives and tells us the broken truck story.  Meanwhile his competition, Nic Garvin is also pitting right by us since he is Brian Cunningham's nephew and a quasi-Viewie.  Kyle finds out Nic is running first in class and looked like he wanted to beat his head against something, but instead he went over and congratulated Nic. He's such a good kid!

All in all a good day - Charlie and Mike were 1st Magnum Open Experts; Bishop Brians were 1st Vet Open Amt; John and Darrell finished I think 2nd in class while Todd Iles and Brian C were 2nd Vet Open Experts.  The finish of the day went to Keith Jones/Mike Hastings.  Keith was battling with top guys in his class coming into home check.  Other guy goes in too hot and slides out and Keith shoots by to take 1st in the Mag 250 Expert class!  Woo Hoo!  (Keith can elaborate - I actually missed the finish since I had to go back to camp since there weren't any bathrooms...)

Congrats to Erica and Austin for ripping it up in the Kids Race!

Great Day and it was fun hanging with all of the teammates in the pits!  Pit speeds were out of control and for the most part, the Viewies all remembered to keep it at 15 mph. 
« : March 11, 2008, 02:39:00 pm Kandy Thornton »

Kandy Thornton
Brian Jones
Viewfinder

« #6 : March 11, 2008, 04:13:30 pm »

Hi Donn
This was my second flat this year and third DNF. Yes I got my twelve pack minus two and I have a spare ice chest that I will return to you.
Brian Jones

06 KTM 450EXC,
 D-37 V57 int

MAMMOTHKTM.COM
Brian Jones
Viewfinder

« #7 : March 11, 2008, 04:26:11 pm »

I wish Kyle the best of luck with his new truck. I hope it can be saved. Thanks also to you Kyle for bringing out the pit stuff and the beer. Looking forward to racing with you in the Amie class.
Brian (Cactus) Jones

06 KTM 450EXC,
 D-37 V57 int

MAMMOTHKTM.COM
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #8 : March 13, 2008, 03:03:03 pm »

Kyle's my hero... You'll graduate to my luv when you bring some Martinos!~

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #9 : March 13, 2008, 03:46:41 pm »

I wish Kyle the best of luck with his new truck. I hope it can be saved. Thanks also to you Kyle for bringing out the pit stuff and the beer. Looking forward to racing with you in the Amie class.
Brian (Cactus) Jones

The boy got lucky. The guy he bought the truck from is swapping out the motor under "warranty" new motor has 20k miles. I'm sure he's going to have to give him some $$ for his labor but he'll be good to him. I guess a hose popped off and blew all the coolant; wasn't a heater or radiator hose, we would have seen that. Kyle said a "small hose". Sometimes you get lucky eh? But I like to think it's Karma.
Brian Jones
Viewfinder

« #10 : March 13, 2008, 08:47:59 pm »

That's good news. Thanks for the update. See ya Saturday.
Cactus

06 KTM 450EXC,
 D-37 V57 int

MAMMOTHKTM.COM
: [1]  
« previous next »
: