Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:18:59 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Dirt Diggers MC Desert Scrambles Roll Call
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Dirt Diggers MC Desert Scrambles Roll Call  ( 3459 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« : February 23, 2009, 07:12:54 pm »

Lets go racing!
Dirt Diggers MC Desert Scrambles

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

: 201

« #1 : March 03, 2009, 01:28:17 pm »

I want to make this.  It's usually a great event.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #2 : March 03, 2009, 02:54:19 pm »

I want to make this.  It's usually a great event.

Same here, had a blast last year. As of now I think I'll be there, maybe Rag Boy can get his s***t together by then and race too.
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #3 : March 03, 2009, 03:12:37 pm »

I though RAG BOY was coming to HBMC and maybe racing?

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #4 : March 16, 2009, 08:19:16 am »

We still need a pit captain for this weekend!!

Come on all you racers, who wants to sit out this Sunday and get your pit duty out of the way? As Sir Charles says, "trade the throttle for the bottle".

Brian and I will be there Friday evening. Cousin Chucky is coming too, he wants to get his son started racing so they'll be there Friday as well.
« : March 16, 2009, 01:10:40 pm Donn Nay - Pit Boss & D37 Rep »
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #5 : March 16, 2009, 12:31:59 pm »

There is a very good chance that Flow and Robby will be there and ptting. ;D

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Bill McInnes - D37 Rep
Reps

: 151

« #6 : March 16, 2009, 06:07:55 pm »

Yes its confirmed that Robby and Flow will be up for the pit duties this weekend.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #7 : March 16, 2009, 08:26:55 pm »

Yes its confirmed that Robby and Flow will be up for the pit duties this weekend.

That's great news Bill, I have the pit boxes and will bring an easy up. We'll be there Friday evening. Give them my cell phone 626-926-6077.
Bill McInnes - D37 Rep
Reps

: 151

« #8 : March 17, 2009, 10:29:39 am »

Thanks Don. Robby will be out Saturday mid day and Flow early Sunday morning.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #9 : March 17, 2009, 11:14:38 am »

I will most likely be over there Sunday AM, were spending  Friday night and Saturday near by and plan to move over there on Sunday for the race.

And be on the lookout for one of these, a friend saw this one last weekend somewhere between Spangler and Burro's tunnel!!
« : March 17, 2009, 12:49:59 pm Bob Johnson »

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #10 : March 23, 2009, 08:56:30 am »

Good weekend, despite the weather. Brian and I got there about 6:00 on Friday and found Julian/Gumby and the Jenkins already there and set up. Wet up camp and ran into Ridgecrest with Julian and Gumby for burgers at Texas Cattle Company. Back at camp and hung out around the campfire for some time, not too cold. Pam's cousin Chuck showed up (Joe Motocross on the board). Went on a short ride with Brian and Chuck on Saturday, then came back to get signed up. Chuck's son Luke raced the kids race, I'll post some pictures tonight. Let's just say I think we created a monster, that kid had SO MUCH FUN in his race on his PW50 with training wheels.Saturday afternoon saw Pete, Keith and eventually Flat Tire Bill show up. Then later that night Travis Livingston, John and little brother/friend arrived. So along with three guest riders (Russ' friends) we had about nine racers.
THE wind came up about 3:00 A.M. Sunday and it HOWLED, then it started to rain, unfortunately not enough to really soak the ground and along with the wind dried up real fast, but THE wind did not allow for a very good night's sleep.
Due to some problems at sign up the start was delayed about 45 minutes, and did I metion THE wind? Miserable sitting there waiting for the start in all that cold.  Chuck decided to give DD a try for his first race so I volunteered to be "chase cuz" and waited for him right after my start. He didn't need me to chase though, within five miles he was gone, never saw him again! Looks like he liked it! I think he'll be back. The Diggers did an excellent job of finding fun and fast trails that were not all whooped out, I loved the course although I think it could have used a little more imagination and the wind wrecked havoc on the ribbon/arrows, I even lost the course once at my old man speed!
Travis was third overall, first in class, WAY TO GO TRAVIS, Looks like Gumby got another second in class and Pete did third and Brian fourth or fifth. Not sure how Russ' friends did but all got in O.K. and seeme to be smiling after the race.

AND THE WIND NEVER STOPPED!!! Don't know who the Dirt Diggers pissed off to get two straight years with gale force winds, but they should apologize before next year, without the wind it would have been damn near perfect.
Chuck Frozina
Viewfinder

: 129

« #11 : March 23, 2009, 09:58:29 am »

The W/E was a blast for both Luke and I, but Tori and Mandy didn't have such a good time due to the wind.  He was so excited to tell all his Grandparents and Uncles that he won trophy that had "a boy on it that went so fast it blowed his pants off."  i.e. DDMC logo.  I had a good time on the course and with the company.  I certain we will return. 

Donn, When I read this to Luke, He wanted me to tell you he has a TTR50, not a PW, lol.

And since I was the only 250 and under Senior Beginner I got a 1st in class. w00t :D ;D

Thank you all for allowing us to represent your club and wear the colors at the event.

Chuck, Tori, Luke, and Mandy Frozina

073x - Desert Senior Beginner<br />2002 Honda CR250R
-Luke & Mandy's Pit Crew-
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #12 : March 23, 2009, 12:33:30 pm »

Got over to D D camp Sunday AM and saw most of the start and then moved over to the pits. Nice to see a good turnout of both racers and pitters. The DEZ was beautiful with the flowers and I even saw 2 tortises over near the "Cattle Guard", but the wind was brutal to say the least.
Nice seeing You peeps again!!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #13 : March 23, 2009, 01:41:15 pm »

Did anybody say the WIND SUCKED? There was a 24/7 generator next to our camp (ran out of gas at 1:30 am got refueled and was still running @ 7:00am :(), rained @ 5:30 am (was sleeping in back of truck) so sat in cab til daylight and was really tired of the relentless WIND!!! Sorry if Tara and I didn't say Good Bye to everyone, but when the last member was in we were DONE!
Like Don said "The Dirt Diggers need to ask for forgiveness"
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #14 : March 23, 2009, 01:45:34 pm »

The W/E was a blast for both Luke and I, but Tori and Mandy didn't have such a good time due to the wind.  He was so excited to tell all his Grandparents and Uncles that he won trophy that had "a boy on it that went so fast it blowed his pants off."  i.e. DDMC logo.  I had a good time on the course and with the company.  I certain we will return. 

Donn, When I read this to Luke, He wanted me to tell you he has a TTR50, not a PW, lol.

And since I was the only 250 and under Senior Beginner I got a 1st in class. w00t :D ;D

Thank you all for allowing us to represent your club and wear the colors at the event.

Chuck, Tori, Luke, and Mandy Frozina

Sorry Luke buddy, didn't mean to slight the bike! Sure you two had fun, too bad Tori and Mandy got stuck inside because of the wind and that Pam and Tami weren't there, maybe next time they'll come out and Tori will have someone to hand out with, come to think of it Deanna was the only woman there besides them, unusual.

We'll keep in touch and see you out there again soon.
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: