Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:14:39 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Bad news for my family.
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4
: Bad news for my family.  ( 7799 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #15 : March 03, 2011, 03:17:29 pm »

I just got a call so I am heading to the hospital now. She is upset that my other sister is not there yet and said that she doesn't think she can make it until monday. She said she would rather go home and be with jesus then stay here and deal with this. She is giving up so we need to figure out how to change that.

This unfortunately is a part of life that I wish I didn't have to live. It is pretty hard to stay strong through this but I am trying.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #16 : March 03, 2011, 04:20:40 pm »

Hang tough Chris, she needs lots of support and a positive attitude to fight this. What hospital is she at?
Jim Johnson
Viewfinder

: 124

« #17 : March 03, 2011, 05:43:17 pm »

Hang in there.
Trhollister
Viewfinder

: 220

« #18 : March 03, 2011, 05:56:50 pm »

Sorry to hear Chris.We are hoping for good news.
Administrator

« #19 : March 03, 2011, 06:22:50 pm »

Well I feel just a little better now. It is very hard to see her this way but her spirts are doing a little better. I told her that her body is in the crapper but she needs to keep her spirit strong. She seemed to do better as time goes on. She is in a lot of pain from the surgery. They cut her from one side to the other.

Just not knowing what kind of time frame we have is the hardest part. We are hoping for years but so far have no idea. Stage 4 is the worst so we will be happy with her just coming home fo awhile.

Thank you so much for thinking about my family. Just being able to write about it here helps.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bill McInnes - D37 Rep
Reps

: 151

« #20 : March 03, 2011, 06:36:40 pm »

Hope is a good thing. Just try and stay positive. You have a lot of friends/family thinking and
praying for you.
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #21 : March 04, 2011, 06:36:47 am »

Chris I went through this last year with my dad. Be strong, the family will need a rock to lean on. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.
CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Administrator

« #22 : March 04, 2011, 08:18:06 am »

Thank you Charlie. I am trying but it is such an up and down thing right now. She was at her lowest yesterday morning but my sister was there until around 1:30 this morning and said she was the best she has seen so far. I talked with her last night about needing her mind and spirit to be strong because her body wouldn't heal if she just gave up. We talked about her grandkids and I just tried to remind her of the things she needs to fight for. She has lots of people thinking about and praying for her so I hope it continues in this direction.

Oh and she is in the Antelope Valley ICU Donn. Her insurance doesn't cover the new hospital in Palmdale.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #23 : March 04, 2011, 11:07:38 am »

Tell her her extended Viewie family is praying for her. The power of prayer is pretty great, and of course you guys know we're praying for you as well.

Funny how I say "prayer" as I've never "prayed" in the literal sense. So I guess "thoughts" are my prayers, not being a religious man. In any event I think you know what I mean.
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #24 : March 04, 2011, 12:54:11 pm »

Prayer and her family suuport will be her best comfort and strongest spirit lifter. Also, you and your family stay strong knowiing thoughts and prayers are there for you! The Joneses
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

: 201

« #25 : March 04, 2011, 09:08:21 pm »

Stay strong Chris.  I went through this almost 4 years ago with my mom.  Sometimes it's difficult to keep a strong and positive attitude.  The best you can do is give everyone else, including your mom, a lead to follow.  My heart goes out to you and your whole family.  Keep strong and keep positive thoughts.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #26 : March 04, 2011, 09:57:25 pm »

I agree with Brian, When you are in the room with "Mom" keep up your spirits and stay positive, Keep assuring her that getting better is the way out of the hospital and hopefully home with family A S A P.
I can't remember how many times I dreaded getting in the car and going to the hospital or convalesent home to see My Dad/Step Mom/Father in law while they were recovering, NOT something anyone wants to do.

Stay strong !!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Administrator

« #27 : March 04, 2011, 10:20:04 pm »

Thanks guys, today is a better day. Besides her pulse going up around 220 for a short time, she is doing a little better today. They aren't exactly sure why but they got it under control. She was joking around a little today. She looks much better and says she is feeling better. She speaks very softly mostly because her mouth is really dry. She still can't eat or drink anything. She hasn't for 9 days now and not sure when they are going to let her. She is getting everything through IV's.

Yesterday was a challenging day but everyones words of wisdow really helps.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #28 : March 04, 2011, 10:35:26 pm »

Thanks for the update Chris
I think the "dry mouth" is caused by the medications, probably pain meds.
I can't drink enough water to eliminate it and today is the first day my voice is semi normal.
I even told Lila to take all the calls for me,  and that I would call them back in a few days when the voice is better.
Hang in there, were all here if you need anything

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« #29 : March 08, 2011, 02:29:32 pm »

All you can do is take it a day at a time ... Unfortunately the "C" word has consumed way too many of my family members and I have seen it all ... it's not pretty, it's not fun ....  Best thing you can do is keep spirits high .. Positive ... Give her WHATEVER she wants, even if it's a NO NO!
;)

Swab her mouth with the lil mouth thingys they have .. I would squeeze water from a washcloth into my grandma's mouth because it killed me to see her throat/mouth so dry ...

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
: