Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:54:50 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Bob Johnson
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Bob Johnson  ( 3648 )
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #15 : March 02, 2011, 06:55:42 pm »

On another front, The lady they caught with my stolen car missed her court date and a warrant went out and they tracked Her down.
On Friday She pled guilty to G T A, recieving stolen property, driving on a suspended D L.
She got 90 days with 21 days credit, 3 years probation, community service and ordered to pay restitution and not have any contact with us.
Hopefully she "squeeled" on the others, but the D A's office wont say yet, I assume the other people involved are still in the legal process.
So some good news there, the insurance has paid most of the $$$ and still owe us about a grand, but things were ALMOST back to normal when things hit the fan with my arm.
Never a dull moment around here.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #16 : March 03, 2011, 02:22:58 pm »

Glad you are recovering. You scared us old timer!  :-(~

Who Ya calling OLD !!

I will be back out, might be awhile before I can ride a bike, but I'm NOT giving up.

You!  Embrace it. Be proud of it.

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #17 : March 03, 2011, 02:33:57 pm »

Glad you are recovering. You scared us old timer!  :-(~

Who Ya calling OLD !!

I will be back out, might be awhile before I can ride a bike, but I'm NOT giving up.

You!  Embrace it. Be proud of it.

I am,   ;D
Not too many "R and L" riders out there, got to support the troops.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #18 : March 04, 2011, 11:53:56 am »

Just an update, felling good today, can move my arm and hand thru all the excersises they asked me to do, even things they thought I might not be able to do. Cut pain meds in 1/2 last night and sometimes make 5 to 6 hours between doses, so things are looking much better. Have an appointment on Monday for consultation/treatment and Wednesdy for post op. 

So I am requesting you all direct your thoughts and prayers towards Chris and family, PLEASE and THANKS

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #19 : March 04, 2011, 11:57:01 am »

Prayers and healing thoughts going out to Bob, Lila, JJ and the Johnson family.  Bob has always struck me as a pretty tough guy - he will get through this!  Keep us posted on his results/prognosis.

I might seem on the tough side, but I "squeeled like a little girl" and my vision was "foggy" when the doc pulled the drain outa my arm, holy Krap  :o

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #20 : March 04, 2011, 12:42:55 pm »

Not sure how I missed all this news the past few days. Glad to know the original 'bad news' had 'better news' to follow. Wishing for a speedy recovey on getting your normal arm use back! As for good physical therapy, put Dez on a leash and try holding her back while you take her for a walK ::)
ps Keep us up to date on your followups. The Joneses
« : March 04, 2011, 12:55:27 pm Keith Jones - VP »
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #21 : March 04, 2011, 12:49:31 pm »

Not sure how I missed all this news the past few days. Glad to know the original 'bad news' had 'better news to follow. Wishing for a speedy recovey on getting your normal arm use back! As for good physical therapy, put Dez on a leash and try holding her back while you take her for a walK ::)
ps Keep us up to date on your followups. The Joneses

Actually the other way around !! She goes where She wants to go, and make no mistake about that.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

: 201

« #22 : March 04, 2011, 09:12:11 pm »

Glad to hear you're feeling better and stronger.  At least from your posts you have a very positive outlook, and I hope that pays off huge for you in your recovery. 
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #23 : March 04, 2011, 09:43:41 pm »

Glad to hear you're feeling better and stronger.  At least from your posts you have a very positive outlook, and I hope that pays off huge for you in your recovery. 

THANKS Brian
I am positive that I can recover enough to lead a normal life, I hope to be able to go back to work for another year and be able to get back on a bike and ride, but thats a ways off for now, so I will continue to work on getting stronger.  I am sure there will be some "bumps in the road" along the way, but I will work with them as they come.
Both of the assisting Dr.'s were happy to see the movements in my arm less than 24 hrs after surgery and that my level of pain was improving. The main concern was nerve damage and how much muscle was left and would it function. Donn probably knows more about that than I cause he was there with Lila.

I believe we have something in common, your eye issues and my arm issues are (from what I have read and heard) pretty rare cancers, yours obviously much more rare, but I guess that makes Us both "Rare"  ;D
The tumor was attached to the Bicep and not the bone, and from what I understand thats the opposite of the norm.
Thanks again

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #24 : March 08, 2011, 12:58:15 pm »

I posted an update over on the "members only" side, just to get this off the public board.
Thanks

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #25 : March 10, 2011, 05:43:21 pm »

Hey Chris, when you get some spare time, can you add the "cripple" icon ??

I could use it right now  ;D

Thanks Bob J

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #26 : March 17, 2011, 08:09:52 pm »

/;/
There you go!