Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:32:35 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  T G weekend
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: T G weekend  ( 3566 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #15 : November 27, 2011, 08:09:10 pm »

Well what a cool weekend we had. Two funny things happened. First Nate was playing with a kid named Zach and after piecing several things he said together while he was in our trailer, I realized his dad was an old friend that I haven't seen in about 14 years. He was camping in our group and was friends of one of my other friends. The second thing was we took a 67 mile ride to the Schimdt tunnel and on the way, we came across a rhino that was broken down in the trail. Their group was split up and they were going to get a truck to come get it out. I asked a guy if they were good and he said yes and I didn't recognize anyone it the group. I also wasn't expecting to know anyone since it was just people out on the trail. The next day I was talking to James and he told me about Jims rhino breaking down on the way to the Schmidt tunnel! Sorry Jim, I didn't know it was yours! It had a broken tie rod so I am sure it was fun to get it out of there.

No injures and had lots of fun so it was a great weekend. Hope everyone else had the same.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #16 : November 28, 2011, 08:24:52 am »

Nice to see Danielle Saturday, James brought her over to say Hi, she's finally opening up a bit which is great to see. Went by the Cory camp Saturday but that must of been when you were on the ride.

Fantastic weather, 60-70 would be my guess and Saturday night sweatshirts around the campfire. Not much riding for me, just wasn't feeling it, but had fun anyway.

Sorry we missed you Bob and Lila, guess you came by when we were all out playing too.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #17 : November 28, 2011, 09:58:45 am »

Nice to see Danielle Saturday, James brought her over to say Hi, she's finally opening up a bit which is great to see. Went by the Cory camp Saturday but that must of been when you were on the ride.

Fantastic weather, 60-70 would be my guess and Saturday night sweatshirts around the campfire. Not much riding for me, just wasn't feeling it, but had fun anyway.

Sorry we missed you Bob and Lila, guess you came by when we were all out playing too.

YEP, weather was great, no rain or wind, traffic was not too bad, no issues with the rig.
Stopped by to see Donn for a few minutes around noon?? Had the dogs with us since we can't get in the truck any more without them jumping in.   
We went over to where Chris was camped, a complete "ghost town", so we went on back to our camp.
I rode about 26 miles total, about 10 miles adjusting the rear shock after changing the rear spring to a "fat boy" spring. Then went on a couple of short rides to see how I felt, then I took the two thirteen year old boys and a lady quad rider on a ride.  Felt OK and would have probably done about 10 more miles, but the sun was in our faces and we could not see very well, so we turned around and headed back. The loop we were trying to do is about 15+ miles and good for the younger riders and the quads/rhinos and the old guys on bikes.  /;/
My arm seems to be OK with riding, a little pain when standing up while going thru the "whoops", but not too bad overall, I need to keep streaching/working the arm and hope it will get stronger, but at least I can ride  ;D

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #18 : November 28, 2011, 10:10:00 am »

HWY  8 is new for the Viewes, sounds like we need  to get something going nin that area.  I'm game, brig it on!!!!

CB

That's part of where we did that Anza Borrego DS ride a couple years ago.  Once you get away from the masses of people, some good riding, no doubts.

EXACTLY, I have riden there a few times, once you get out of the camping areas the crowds thin out real quick.
Of course I have a good "tour guide" while down there  ;D

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #19 : November 28, 2011, 09:43:44 pm »

Well what a cool weekend we had. Two funny things happened. First Nate was playing with a kid named Zach and after piecing several things he said together while he was in our trailer, I realized his dad was an old friend that I haven't seen in about 14 years. He was camping in our group and was friends of one of my other friends. The second thing was we took a 67 mile ride to the Schimdt tunnel and on the way, we came across a rhino that was broken down in the trail. Their group was split up and they were going to get a truck to come get it out. I asked a guy if they were good and he said yes and I didn't recognize anyone it the group. I also wasn't expecting to know anyone since it was just people out on the trail. The next day I was talking to James and he told me about Jims rhino breaking down on the way to the Schmidt tunnel! Sorry Jim, I didn't know it was yours! It had a broken tie rod so I am sure it was fun to get it out of there.

No injures and had lots of fun so it was a great weekend. Hope everyone else had the same.

Yea, that was the wife's doing. :'( She was going too fast in a rocky canyon and slam the front tire into a big rock.  I wished it was only a tie rod, but she cracked the steering box. What was worst was the recovery mission. It took us 6 hours to get the rhino out of the desert. I had a friends trailer break the leaf springs and I had to go all the way back and use anothe trailer. Alll in all it was a good time. Went by and Said Hi to Donn, I couldn't find Chris' camp . GREAT WEEKEND. ''..
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #20 : November 29, 2011, 07:37:06 am »

holy crap Jim. Wish you would have let us know. We had two badass 4WD long bed trucks in our camp. Could have put that thing in the back and driven out.

Thanks for stopping by, good to see you.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #21 : November 29, 2011, 11:09:41 am »

holy crap Jim. Wish you would have let us know. We had two badass 4WD long bed trucks in our camp. Could have put that thing in the back and driven out.

I have a long bed 4X4 and our Rhino will fit in it, we were a little closer to where you were broke down. I wish I would have known.
Oh well, the good thing is it got handled, Another "Viewie Adventure"

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #22 : November 29, 2011, 08:24:08 pm »

Here is a pic of me from our TG trip. Found a cool jump by camp.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: