Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:46:30 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  WELL DONE Viewies!~
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: WELL DONE Viewies!~  ( 2466 )
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #15 : October 11, 2012, 04:58:05 pm »

_.._ _.._ _.._ _.._ _.._ _.._ _.._ _.._ _.._

What a rush!

Heard one negative and that was our pit layout, if we do the course the same way we'll have to work on that.

PROUD TO BE A VIEWFINDER!
My RUSH for the weekend was having the drive line drop out of the Praxair as I was on the cousre blocking a gate entrance to the arena between 2 pine trees . BIG THANKS to those close by that helped move the course over to the Kids enterance to the MX track. W/ only minuteds  to spare, before the leader came thru, a course re-route took place. Definetaly an ADRENALINE DROP for me!!! KJ

Bill and I saw the Drive shaft wobbling over near the start, did it lose the center carrier bearing ??
Thats 2 years in a row for the Praxair, hopefully not a three-peat next year  :o

The splines in the drive shaft were twisted 90 degrees causing the shaft to rotate that far out!

Dang, thats hard to do unless you have a "big horsepower" diesel.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #16 : October 11, 2012, 05:04:31 pm »

That was Salt and one of our newest Viewfinder Members Neil who did that on the fly, their first GP also! 

Good for Salt
That makes at least two times He has "stepped up" and helped.
He helped Me go get Jason at Badgers.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #17 : October 12, 2012, 09:55:07 am »

W/ Donn, Salt and Neil's quick actions and having another opening in the fence close by saved having to Black Flar the race for a restart. BIG THANKS AGAIN! Also, soft sand and 2300 gallons of water w/ constant dead starts is hard on the drive train. KJ
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #18 : October 12, 2012, 10:27:59 am »

W/ Donn, Salt and Neil's quick actions and having another opening in the fence close by saved having to Black Flar the race for a restart. BIG THANKS AGAIN! Also, soft sand and 2300 gallons of water w/ constant dead starts is hard on the drive train. KJ

I know

It happens much more often with Diesels, axels/diffs and drive lines don't stand a chance.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #19 : October 15, 2012, 02:57:54 pm »

We sure WERE lucky weren't we? I just decided to take a cruise out to that part of our section prior to the race to check out our markings, had only done that once or twice all day as I could see most of them from inside the arena. Just as I turned around to head back I see the truck sitting square in the middle of the track and KJ running in circles grabbing bunting. What a tribute to our club though, nothing was said by anyone, we all knew what to do and how to get it done. I hung out for a lap or two to "flag" the riders through the new opening just to be safe.

Once again I am honored to wear the colors of such a GREAT club!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #20 : October 15, 2012, 05:03:53 pm »

Its not just a club, were all brothers and sisters and ready to help each other when needed.
Never a doubt someone will help out when a situation comes up.
Recently I read where R3's Dawgcatcher needed help, a Viewie came to the rescue   _.._

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: