Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:41:33 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT ... TO RIDE!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT ... TO RIDE!  ( 3023 )
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« : November 27, 2007, 01:38:53 pm »

Fight for your right to ride ... and ride... at the same time!! Double whammy!

http://www.funride.brpmoto.com/save-clear-creek.html

Event Information       
BRP 1st Annual Save Clear Creek Fun Ride
We at BRP are excited to announce the 1st Annual BRP Save Clear Creek Fun Ride, hosted by the Salinas Ramblers MC. You heard it right... BRP Fun Ride. We have long been involved in the sport of off road motorcycle racing and enjoy a fair amount of trail riding when our schedule allows. We have always wanted to gather some of our closest friends and invite them on an awesome organized trail ride with food, drinks and good times. Well here you go!

Come join BRP and the Salinas Ramblers MC for a great weekend of riding in the Clear Creek riding area and enjoy some of the best single track riding in the state of California. We will have guided and non guided rides of all levels as well as an 8 mile hare scrambles course on the property along with a kids course for the young up an comers.

AMA District 36 and 37 clubs are invited to participate in this gathering in which new friendships and camaraderie can be formed. Most important, this will be a weekend spent with our peers, family and friends enjoying what we all love?. HAVING A GREAT TIME riding motorcycles!

One of our goals of this event; will be the uniting and strengthening of our voices in combating OHV land closures. All profits from this event will be donated to the Blue Ribbon Coalition Save Clear Creek Legal Defense Fund.

Help keep our land and riding areas open and have a great time riding and meeting new people with a common goal to ensure the future of our great sport.

Event Date:  December 7th-9th, 2007
The Salinas Ramblers MC property, with access into the Clear Creek Management Area. Clear Creek is just outside the town of Coalinga, Ca. About a 3 hour drive from Los Angeles. See the directions page for detailed directions.

Registration Process
The event is limited to the first 300 riders so be sure to register to reserve your spot. Registration begins September 28, 2007 at 12:00 pm and ends November 30, 2007 at 12:00 am. Each rider must register separately so we can get an accurate count for food and t-shirts. Be sure to select your t-shirt size during the registration process. All registrations will be processed securely through the Pay Pal payment system. Pay Pal accepts all major credit cards. If you have any problems or questions about the registration process feel free to contact us.

Once you have registered you will receive a receipt for your transaction. Your wristbands, T-shirt and additional meal tickets will be available at the event by simply providing your name at sign up.

Entry Fee
$50.00 per Rider Pre-Registration Only limited to the first 300 riders
Kids 10 and under ride for Free

Entry Includes:   

2 Days of great riding and camping
Guided and non-guided trail rides of all levels
8 mile hare scrambles course
Kids course
Saturday:  BBQ Chicken or Tri-Tip Dinner and social hour  (Additional Meal tickets available for $10.00)
Sunday:  Continental Breakfast
1 Event T-shirt - Music - Dancing
Organized events

Camping and Parking
Camping and parking will be available adjacent to the SRMC private property within walking distance to the signup area. This area is an overflow area with primitive camping and no hookups.

Spark Arrestor Required - Red Sticker OK

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #1 : November 27, 2007, 02:34:31 pm »

KJ & Tara will be there. Sgt Jim is going also.
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #2 : November 27, 2007, 04:24:41 pm »

Big John, Meek-Man, Mikey~D & friend will also be attending.  Make your presence known Viewies! (Just not on the dance floor....)  :-X

Kandy Thornton
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #3 : November 27, 2007, 05:17:52 pm »

KJ & Tara will be there. Sgt Jim is going also.
It's about time you got out and rode a little Keith! I couldn't get any of my friends to go either Keith so maybe I'll see you out there.
« : November 27, 2007, 05:23:59 pm John Thornton »
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

« #4 : December 06, 2007, 01:22:52 pm »

The boys are leaving tonight!~ Spoke to Jim Rios (BRP) yesterday and he is extremely excited/nervous for the upcoming event! He says be sure to pack an enduro jacket.. thermals.. it's going to be colddddddd!

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #5 : December 10, 2007, 11:38:28 am »

WE need a ride report on this, really looked like fun but couldn't make it.
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #6 : December 10, 2007, 04:12:25 pm »

Well organized but, I saw trouble w/ riding in large groups and staying together. Went out on a four man tour that worked out pretty good.Went w/ a large group later on and Mr. Meek and I got seperated early in the ride
   Don't believe them that it was MUDDY, COLD or SNOWING on Saturday The BBQ was good, the company was good, a dozen Viewies and many D37 riders were present.
 Tara and I were there Saturday only! JT will have to fill in the Fri and Sunday activities. Told John T that his clutch was sick at RHR. Did he fix it? NO! so he retired to a Rhino after Saturday morning. Clear Creek is fun w/ a little less SLOP.                               Had a GOOD time and got to wash 30 lbs of mud off the bike Sunday, KJ
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #7 : December 10, 2007, 08:25:45 pm »

great time,  sunday the sun came out and it even warmed up a little.  clear creek has some awesome trails.  During the raffle on sat. nite, i received the trophy for our club.  that's right the viewfinders were the most attended d-37 club out there. (i think da-blur did the counting).  i  thought we would give it to keith since he hasn't earned  many trophies this year.  what's  the club think???  trophy for the old guy?

if you didn't go you missed a great time.  wished i could've done more riding, but i had to do my beta job.
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #8 : December 11, 2007, 06:30:22 am »

I think the old guy deserves a trophy.  Now the question is which old guy?  I thought we called you the old guy Jim.  On a serious note, I think we should give the trophy to KJ and Tara.  Tara might as well get something for all those hours she spends in the truck with KJ. Maybe Keith should get some credit for all he does too.  How many miles does that Toyota have now anyway?

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #9 : December 11, 2007, 08:05:26 am »

Toyota is 4yrs old this week and has 155,600 miles as of today! Tara probably has 75 K riding in the back day or night and rain or shine. She is the dedicated ONE!!! KJ She loves her Papa
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #10 : December 11, 2007, 03:58:15 pm »

Toyota is 4yrs old this week and has 155,600 miles as of today! Tara probably has 75 K riding in the back day or night and rain or shine. She is the dedicated ONE!!! KJ She loves her Papa

that's even more mileage than we put on our vehicles, we usually run 30-35k per year in our company, combined business and personal.
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #11 : December 11, 2007, 05:48:43 pm »

It is a neat area, they have a cool clubhouse. The mud was overwhelming but they are used to it. Jim accepted the trophy on behalf of Beta motorcycles and credited them with where he is today balah, blah, ablah, probably a 20 minute acceptance speech, riveting! We were well represented .The Ramblers offered us a private tour after the morning organized ride in which we accepted Keith and Jeff couldn't keep up as this was a technical ride so in typical Viewie style they were left to fend for themselves.  Overall a great experience but a loooong drive 280 miles for me. Always great to see Charlie Powell and he was in rare form. Yes somebody drank all his beer!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #12 : December 12, 2007, 07:33:08 am »

Yes somebody drank all his beer!

So that happens to others too? I thought it was only me!

Sounds like a fun weekend, except for all the mud. A little mud is fine but.... And how would you know John, Keith said you were relegated to the Rhino?
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #13 : December 12, 2007, 12:20:05 pm »

The mud was overwhelming.This is JT  :'(
  Jim accepted the trophy on behalf of Beta motorcycles and credited them with where he is today balah, blah, ablah, probably a 20 minute acceptance speech, riveting Glad I left early for this one  ::)!
 Keith and Jeff couldn't keep up as this was a technical ride Not sure how JT knows about this as he felt left out sitting by the campfire :(
  Overall a great experience but a loooong drive 280 miles for me. Whining again! Here JT talk to the hand!!! ???
 Yes somebody drank all his beer! Go figure Bart was there! ;D
« : December 12, 2007, 12:22:30 pm Keith Jones - VP »
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

« #14 : December 12, 2007, 01:34:17 pm »

Always great to see Charlie Powell and he was in rare form. Yes somebody drank all his beer!

I remember when I was about 16 and Charlie said I couldn't "have" a beer but I could "steal" a beer!~ I lalalaluv Charlie P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: [1]  
« previous next »
: