Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:23:36 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  Archived Race Reports and meeting minutes
| | |-+  So how was YOUR Prospector's experience?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: So how was YOUR Prospector's experience?  ( 3615 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« : March 17, 2008, 05:41:47 pm »

Just read the prospectors flier posted on the D37 site. I WAS RIGHT, I ONLY HAD TO RIDE ONE LOOP!!! Here is sit today sore all over because the people at signup didn't know what they were doing. I'm not the happiest about it but at least I stuck to it. That is the toughest thing I've done in a LONG time. I'm too old and out of shape for that! Thanks to everyone that stuck around and waited for me. Hope Keith and Jim didn't get home too late.

Overall a very LONG two loops, 94 wasn't it? That last rocky uphill was just sadistic in my mind. To all of you other magnums out there I have even more appreciation of what you're doing. Maybe if I do more and workout a bit I can do better, right now I'm looking forward to going home and soaking in the Jacuzzi.

I almost forgot, thanks John and Lee for letting me ride on their minute.
« : March 17, 2008, 07:18:02 pm Donn Nay - Pit Boss & D37 Rep »
Brian Jones
Viewfinder

: 57

« #1 : March 17, 2008, 05:55:20 pm »

I had a great race. Got a little tired at the very end of loop three. I want to Thank John Thornton for getting me signed up and lined out for my first enduro. Thanks to Donn Nay for hooking me up with a warm place to sleep. Viewfinders Rock !!!! See ya in the desert Cactus

06 KTM 450EXC,
 D-37 V57 int

MAMMOTHKTM.COM
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #2 : March 17, 2008, 08:02:55 pm »

Hats off to you fast guys. That was ugly we pounded miles just to pound miles. Honestly I wished I would have saved my money and watched the downhill I would have had more fun. I think I got a DQ to boot as I missed a check trying to limp my mighty ride back to the finish. Jim M will be in the hunt once again for the overall.  Overall ? I'd  be happy with a class win. He's pushing 50 for gosh sake's. Full report to follow I have another cramp.
Brian Jones
Viewfinder

« #3 : March 18, 2008, 07:43:34 am »

Hey Viewfinders what brand off enduro computer do you use? I really liked the Prospectors enduro and all those rock free trails HaHaHa!!!! I will be looking into buying a computer so I can learn to keep my on time and race more enduros. So any help in findding the best one for me would be greatly appriciated.
Cactus

06 KTM 450EXC,
 D-37 V57 int

MAMMOTHKTM.COM
Todd Iles
Viewfinder

: 85

« #4 : March 18, 2008, 11:54:23 am »

Hey Brian,
I use an older ICO racing procomp computer.  If I were buying a new one now, I would get the Checkmate XL ($349) comes with everything you need.  With a KTM, the pickup threads right into the brake caliper and all you have to do is put the magnet on the hub.  (If you bought the rims from Jim, I bet there is already a magnet on the front rim).  Check it out at www.icoracing.com
Todd Iles
Viewfinder

: 85

« #5 : March 18, 2008, 12:03:05 pm »

Had a great time at the Prospectors although it wouldn't have hurt my feelings if it was over after the second loop.  Didn't realize until I loaded up my bike that I had a front flat, I think I got it on the 3rd loop just after the long downhill in the rocks (what rocks??!?).  Actually made me feel better that it was the tire, I thought it was just me tired and riding like a jacka$$.

Good times!!!
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #6 : March 18, 2008, 12:43:05 pm »

Congrats to Brian J  on a FINISH! Thanks to Donn for a DRY place to sleep! Not enough rain for the dirt, but enough to get my sleeping bag wet. Tara enjoyed the inside until she couldn't find FREE food. She went at at 1:30 AM and wasn't let back in. Thanks to my minute men as my computer wouldn't count miles??? Thought it was wiring but found the computer is DONE :( Will be looking for NEW equipment. KJ
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #7 : March 18, 2008, 03:54:27 pm »

There were a couple computers on ebay. I don't know enough about them to buy one. An older ICO went for 104.00 bucks that I was watching and a later version for 169.00.
« : March 18, 2008, 03:56:06 pm Donn Nay - Pit Boss & D37 Rep »
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #8 : March 18, 2008, 07:45:48 pm »

Hats off to you fast guys. That was ugly we pounded miles just to pound miles. Honestly I wished I would have saved my money and watched the downhill I would have had more fun. I think I got a DQ to boot as I missed a check trying to limp my mighty ride back to the finish. Jim M will be in the hunt once again for the overall.  Overall ? I'd  be happy with a class win. He's pushing 50 for gosh sake's. Full report to follow I have another cramp.

Unfortunately, i have to try for the overall.  there's this guy with a name like KRUSH,, OR krause that's in my class. I hear he pretty fast and all ,so the only way to beat him is to win the race overall. Seriously doubt i did that well. I 've read that our buddy Ryan kudla had problems but still ONLY dropped 12.  I had a few problems and scored a 15.  thanks to Todd and Brain on our minute for keeping time on the first loop.  Catus,  had I known you were looking for a computer I had an old pro-comp likes todd's. However, Mr. ROLL-OFF (aka: keith Jones)  called me today and pressured me into selling it to him at a ridiculous price.

Anyways GOOD TIMES with GOOD people.  Can't wait for my rhino rides.... :)
Brian Jones
Viewfinder

« #9 : March 19, 2008, 05:50:54 pm »

Thanks Jim for the thought. I have this always a day late thing following me around. By the time I decide to jump in and do something I'm to late. A day late and a dollar short.
So to all Viewfinders if you have a spare enduro computer or know of any one that has one please contact me. I'm sold on this enduro thing I really had a fun day of ridding. I wont to buy a computer and learn how to keep time for the next enduro.
Thanks Cactus

06 KTM 450EXC,
 D-37 V57 int

MAMMOTHKTM.COM
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #10 : March 20, 2008, 11:17:54 am »

An ICO just came up on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123&viewitem=&item=160220597572
: [1]  
« previous next »
: