Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:40:43 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  THEFT
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: THEFT  ( 2300 )
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

: 1070

Once you've met me, you'll never 4get me!

« : January 14, 2009, 10:56:57 am »

After several recent incidents I thought it would be a good idea to post a reminder to all of you. Theft is at an all time high. The economy is down the drain and times are rough ... Which in turn results in an alarming rate of theft. Don't keep valuables or personal information in your vehicle. Ladies, I know a lot of you put your purse in your trunk/backseat while at a club not a good idea... You NEVER know who is watching you and this has happened to me and my girlfriends twice now, two totally separate incidents and chain of events.

Home invasion style robberies are also at an all time high, a long time family friend of mine (kid I babysat when he was younger, he is 14 now) called me this morning to rehash the chain of last nights events at his house.

Here's the story as told by the 14 year old:
about 1:30 am my dog starts barking up a storm and my dad told my brother 2 go walk ace around the backyard, so he does, then ace starts barking at the laundry door so --- opens it. And there is a man standing there going thru my moms purse and then nic yells DAD!!!!!!!!! --- starts running but ace (our dog) stood there and barked at him so the man started 2 run. My dad who has a broken foot starts runnin, he slipped and tackeled the man. Thats when I woke up. And my dad starts beating the living crap out of this guy. My mom got a bat and started wacking this guy. Nic called the police, were they came and arrested the man. I watch him go out and his face was bloody as ever, but apparently the guy broke another part of my dads foot. The police started 2 question us on what we saw. After that there was a little more talk and then a guty from CSI came in 2 swab us(took r dna) and left. The burgler tried 2 run away from the cops and then got face planted on the cement. Then all the cops left around 4:00 and we stayed up the rest of the night, my parents told me and --- we dont have 2 go 2 school 2day, my mom isnt going 2 work, and my dad is going 2 see a doctor.

This man's point of entry was through a side door in the garage.

Destry Abbott another friend and all around wonderful person and amazing offroad racer just had his house broken into also, it's happening too much.

LONG STORY SHORT, lock your doors. As informed by Norco PD the one door in the back that is always left open is the one theives use the most. The slider, the side door, etc.

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #1 : January 14, 2009, 11:11:33 am »

It was horrifying to hear this story this a.m.  These guys are long time D37 racers and friends and good friends of the Viewies.  The Dad's foot was recently crushed in a Rhino roll over accident over New Years and he spent a week in the hospital because they had to wait for the swelling to go down before surgery.  Their Harlequin Great Dane weighs about 175 lbs.... I would not want Ace's face in mine barking!  I'm going to have to buy that dog a cow femur bone to chew on... This could have turned out so much worse. 

Kandy Thornton
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

« #2 : January 14, 2009, 11:12:37 am »

It happened to the Garvin's for those of you wondering.. Mike Garvin ... His 14 year old son Nic was the one that found the burglar.

~ ʊ Ms. Jenn ~ ʊ THERE SEEMS TO BE A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN MY PUBLIC PERSONA AND MY MILD-MANNERED PRIVATE ONE. ~
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #3 : January 14, 2009, 01:24:50 pm »

Always wondered what I would do if I found a 'Live Pinata' in my house!!! I would hope Tara woulld keep' it' around until I got to the baseball bat also!!!
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

« #4 : January 14, 2009, 02:56:12 pm »

It was horrifying to hear this story this a.m.  These guys are long time D37 racers and friends and good friends of the Viewies.  The Dad's foot was recently crushed in a Rhino roll over accident over New Years and he spent a week in the hospital because they had to wait for the swelling to go down before surgery.  Their Harlequin Great Dane weighs about 175 lbs.... I would not want Ace's face in mine barking!  I'm going to have to buy that dog a cow femur bone to chew on... This could have turned out so much worse. 
Story will be featured on ALL news stations tonight!~ Look for headlines such as 14 year old and dog save the day.. Or something along those lines.

PS this dogggg and I have "issues" he likes to chew up my shoes!!!!!! ;)

Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #5 : January 14, 2009, 08:14:40 pm »

All you need is a couple of these dogs.. There rare "KILLER BOXERS from South Chile. Careful I have two of them at the house
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #6 : January 15, 2009, 08:00:04 am »

All you need is a couple of these dogs.. There rare "KILLER BOXERS from South Chile. Careful I have two of them at the house

Kind of look like and appear to have the same temperment as their owner!!!
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #7 : January 15, 2009, 09:27:36 am »

I knew that face looked familiar, NOW I have made the connection. Thanks Kieth.  ;D

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #8 : January 15, 2009, 10:14:19 am »

I knew that face looked familiar, NOW I have made the connection. Thanks Kieth.  ;D

You know what they say, dogs look like their owners (or is it the other way 'round?)
Bill McInnes - D37 Rep
Reps

: 151

« #9 : January 15, 2009, 11:26:54 am »

I saw this story on the news this morning.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #10 : January 15, 2009, 01:09:32 pm »

over on the district board someone posted a link to watch the T.V. broadcast and they interviewed our own Nic Garvin! That kid is NOT afraid of the camera!!

A true Viewie through and through.
Ms Jenn
Viewfinder

« #11 : January 15, 2009, 01:25:15 pm »

over on the district board someone posted a link to watch the T.V. broadcast and they interviewed our own Nic Garvin! That kid is NOT afraid of the camera!!

A true Viewie through and through.

Poor kid did grow up with me as his babysitter.... He has no problem "speaking up"... haha ... ;) He's a true sweetheart and a great kid!~ The Garvin fam is my 2nd fam!~

Eric Price
Viewfinder

: 119

« #12 : January 16, 2009, 04:31:12 am »

"Theft is at an all time high"????  Do you have statistics to back that up or are you just flappin???
: [1]  
« previous next »
: