Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:02:00 pm

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Big Bear Run?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4
: Big Bear Run?  ( 6780 )
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #30 : June 26, 2011, 09:28:19 pm »

At Terry's request I will do this.

Ride report...

There were alot of rocks.  The End!

Well not really.  There was slightly more to the story than that.  We set out at 6 AM because they told us that there was no chance that we would make it to the finish by the 7 PM cut off.  The morning took us out towards Landers via a really interesting wash with water flowing at least half of the way down.  The afternoon took us up the John Burr Trail which in recent times seems to have become a parking lot for the sort of people who think that four wheeled vehicles are cool.   We had to zig zag between Jeeps which at caused me too completely cook the XR.  It overheated to the point that it wouldn't run anymore.  It took about 30 minutes before it would start again.  Then I made it about 5 more miles before I crashed and somehow derailed my chain.  Luckily I was at the one place that I could be sure that Viewfinders would be there to see me.  (Terry and Cynthia)  The course just got rockier and rockier until the point when Jim's front axle suddenly chose a new home instead of the it's previous location which was holding his front wheel on.  We bent some some stuff back until the bike was almost rideable but Jim had to turn out on an easy route about 8 miles from the finish.  I have to give the guy credit.  He really hung on even being out of shape (according to him) and he would have made if if not for the sudden bike failure.  He insisted I go on when he went back to camp.  The course smoothed out just after the 199 mile mark (the end where we got to get on pavement again).  Interesting time.  You all should try it next year.   

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Aaron Price
Officer

« #31 : June 26, 2011, 09:41:10 pm »

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #32 : June 26, 2011, 09:58:08 pm »

Aaron, use the other picture I sent you.  I have to agree with Charlie, Aaron is one tough S.O.B. I  may have had to wait here and there but Aaron never stopped trying.. He was so focus on getting a plaque nothing was going to stop him. I was worried afterwards as he appeared delerious at times, but he made on a 2000 Honda xr600.  Thanks for the good ride Aaron, next time I'll tighten the axle nut so he doesn't come off. ''..
Aaron Price
Officer

« #33 : June 27, 2011, 05:58:42 am »

Aaron, use the other picture I sent you.  I have to agree with Charlie, Aaron is one tough S.O.B. I  may have had to wait here and there but Aaron never stopped trying.. He was so focus on getting a plaque nothing was going to stop him. I was worried afterwards as he appeared delerious at times, but he made on a 2000 Honda xr600.  Thanks for the good ride Aaron, next time I'll tighten the axle nut so he doesn't come off. ''..

Here you go Jim!

Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #34 : June 27, 2011, 06:49:34 am »

Nice job Boy's, You are the man Aaron!! nothing more can be said.  _.._

CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #35 : June 27, 2011, 09:43:27 am »

COOL, that you were able to get the plaque, congrats !!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #36 : June 27, 2011, 11:10:41 am »

Congrats Aaron ~ He-man pic is Price-less!   :-(~

Kandy Thornton
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

« #37 : June 27, 2011, 05:45:28 pm »

Here's the mayor of Big Bear Lake congratulating Aaron on his amazing feat. When word came out that Aaron finished it on a XR600 tons  of people started to gather around our camp.  President Obama could not attend, so he sent the mayor instead.      _.._        _.._        _.._
Aaron Price
Officer

« #38 : June 27, 2011, 08:29:04 pm »

Here's the mayor of Big Bear Lake congratulating Aaron on his amazing feat. When word came out that Aaron finished it on a XR600 tons  of people started to gather around our camp.  President Obama could not attend, so he sent the mayor instead.      _.._        _.._        _.._

Obama was concerned about how my finish would affect his reelection hopes...  He figured that since he has been a huge failure yet they still have "Yes we did!" bumper stickers it might bring up negative thoughts in the minds of voters being seen next to someone who actually can say "Yes I did!"  about something he set out to do.   He opted to go on an expensive trip at the expense of the taxpayers instead. 

Aaron Price
Officer

« #39 : June 27, 2011, 08:31:01 pm »

The rock garden.  Jim actually crossed this earlier in the day during a wrong turn.  

This was at about mile 195!
« : June 27, 2011, 08:34:57 pm Aaron Price »

Aaron Price
Officer

« #40 : June 27, 2011, 08:33:29 pm »

Jim at the Devil's Hole Water Crossing.  You have to love the Satanic names people give things. 

Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #41 : June 28, 2011, 06:57:16 am »

Was Devi's Hole too deep to ride across? I've only been across it once and that was in July and not a real wet year; we all rode across after I found out WHERE to cross, the group I was with had never been there before, interesting.
Trhollister
Viewfinder

: 220

« #42 : June 28, 2011, 08:31:16 pm »

Man thats a bummer about Jims axle nut.Those pics are awesome.I took my 650 l across devils hole before.I remember the sand trail after you get out was a p.i.t.a. on the B.R.P.You guys are tough,thats for sure!

Taking a small break after John Bull trail.
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

« #43 : June 28, 2011, 09:19:26 pm »

Was Devi's Hole too deep to ride across? I've only been across it once and that was in July and not a real wet year; we all rode across after I found out WHERE to cross, the group I was with had never been there before, interesting.

Well, a few riders rode through it, but I would say it was around 3 to 3.5 ft. deep. Almost up to the engine, so me and Aaron played it safe and walked the bikes. It was to far into the ride  to drown our bikes.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #44 : June 29, 2011, 07:44:35 am »

I see Aaron is running the MT43. Charley rode my bike with this tire at the Sequoia ride and was pleasantly surprised, how'd you like it Aaron?
: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
: