Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:43:41 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Best in the Desert over 40 Pro Title
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Best in the Desert over 40 Pro Title  ( 3174 )
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« : December 05, 2006, 07:16:40 am »

This weekend I was lucky enough to be on the winning team for the over 40 Pro championship team for the Sec year in a row. There is a few Viewfinders I would like to thank. First and formost my wife Darlene you all know her but with out her it surely would not have happen. She does all the hard work which makes the riding seam like I'm not pulling my weight. Sec Bill (Flat Tire) McGinnes he has chased me all over the state of Nev pouring fuel, changing tires and waiting in the middle of no where, Your the best. Chris McDonald has gone to the last two rounds with postive support to a degree I don't even know. Third Earl Schuler for the great suspension he put on my 300 with out the forks he set up we would  have never put it together this last weekend. We broke the stabilizer post off 15 miles into a 180 event and it was not big deal, all I can say is (ESR). Finaly Max Eddy sr. for the use of his dry brake fuel tank on the 300. Thank You Thank You Thank You all for your support.
As always I'm proud to be a Viewfinder.
Charlie
« : December 06, 2006, 04:50:48 pm viewe »

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Kelly

: 28

« #1 : December 05, 2006, 08:51:06 am »

Congratulations to Charlie and his crew!

Way to go ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kelly
Doug Phelan

: 286

« #2 : December 05, 2006, 11:34:50 am »

I was told the series title came down to the last race, winner take all for Charlies class.

Congratulation to the Barneys and there crew.

Makeing the Viewies proud. ;D

Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #3 : December 05, 2006, 12:17:32 pm »

Congrats!!! Say 'HI !' to Steve and tell him congratulations also.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #4 : December 06, 2006, 08:37:53 am »

Way to go Charlie and team, you guys got in a bit of a hole going into the last round, I think you told me you were one point ahead going in, glad you could pull it out. Great to see the viewfinders well represented on the podium of another racing venue.

CHARLIE BARNEY, YOU DA MAN  ;D ;D
Bryan and Sandi Anderson
Viewfinder

: 162

« #5 : December 06, 2006, 09:06:00 am »

Way to go Charlie!  ;D    That is awesome. 

And Way To Go Miss. Darlene!      You are awesome too and I miss talking to you.  Hope to see you soon. 
Sandi Anderson
Steve Sillings

: 74

« #6 : December 06, 2006, 03:47:24 pm »

Congratulations Charlie!
Bill McInnes - D37 Rep
Reps

: 151

« #7 : December 09, 2006, 12:42:56 pm »

Well for some years now I have been chasing Charlie and Steve all over the desert and I do believe that I have had as
much fun as they have. I very proud of the second 40 Pro Championship that was won at the last race of the year.
But more importantly is the friends that I and the team have made over the years. There are so many stories to be told
of what really happened at these events, like how I got the name "Flat Tire Bill", or when my truck fell off the trailer,
or the ticket Charlie got, and let us not forget the ejecto bed, chopper stopper, rev limiters on the chase trucks, there
are so many of these stories.
I would like to say a special thanks to Lee Smith of ATK. He is the person that put this team together and did all the
work on the bikes. His brother Clyde who was always there helping out. Darlene of course was always a positive
attitude for the team. Charlie and Steve who were always haling ass out there.
To other members who are thinking of doing these events I would highly recommend doing it. We had a ball.

Flat Tire Bill
: [1]  
« previous next »
: