Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:36:58 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Bad news for my family.
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4]
: Bad news for my family.  ( 7715 )
Chris Cory - President 2012-14 -Life Memeber
Administrator

: 1981

Wear the shield with pride!

« #45 : March 24, 2011, 04:21:18 pm »

She is such a fighter! On a good note, she is here 100%  here today. It has allowed us to really talk with her, say the things we want to say and she fully understands everything that is going on. We are looking at having her come home within a few days. Her remaining kidney is only at 20% and it has been dropping over the last 4 days. We are praying that a miracle happens but short of that it will be within a week. She would rather be at home resting in piece when she goes. It turns out the leak was actually a duct that was not re attached during the surgery. AV hospital really didn't know what they were doing and part of what they removed, they thought was a different part of her intestine which is why the duct wasn't re attached.

Even after hearing all this, she still got up and walked alittle bit before setting in the chair for awhile. She just wont give up! The feeling of complete helplessness is only lessened by the strength she shows and determination to stay strong to the very end. She is being a leader and guiding us even while she is going through this.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #46 : March 24, 2011, 06:19:58 pm »

[quotec author=Chris Cory - Secretary link=topic=1668.msg15064#msg15064 date=1301008878]
She is such a fighter! On a good note, she is here 100%  here today. It has allowed us to really talk with her, say the things we want to say and she fully understands everything that is going on. We are looking at having her come home within a few days. Her remaining kidney is only at 20% and it has been dropping over the last 4 days. We are praying that a miracle happens but short of that it will be within a week. She would rather be at home resting in piece when she goes. It turns out the leak was actually a duct that was not re attached during the surgery. AV hospital really didn't know what they were doing and part of what they removed, they thought was a different part of her intestine which is why the duct wasn't re attached.

Even after hearing all this, she still got up and walked alittle bit before setting in the chair for awhile. She just wont give up! The feeling of complete helplessness is only lessened by the strength she shows and determination to stay strong to the very end. She is being a leader and guiding us even while she is going through this.
[/quote]

WOW Chris, sure wish I knew your Mom, she is one tough one. Sure glad you're able to communicate and get it all straight between all of you. The man upstairs works in mysterious ways so this is probably for the best. Very sad to hear all these issues with AV hospital.
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

: 2459

« #47 : March 25, 2011, 03:04:02 pm »

I hope She gets to come home soon and spend time with the family.
Still hoping for that miracle to happen, She is obviously a strong person.

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Administrator

« #48 : April 21, 2011, 10:31:01 pm »

This has been a journey that I wish we didn't have to go on. I am very sorry to say that we lost my mother this morning. She went very peacefully shortly after Staci and I got to the hospital.

I am still amazed at how strong she was through all this. She never showed any fear of what end was probably going to come. As she always has, she was still thinking about us and one of the last things she told me was that she was sorry that we had to spend so much time at the hospital with her.

There will always be something missing with her gone but I will do my best to remember the things she taught me and pass them down to my kids.

I truly hope non of you have to experience the flaws in the medical system that she did. She passed away from complications of the surgery and not the cancer itself.

Thank you all for the words and support you gave us throughout all this.

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Rick Hudachek
Global Moderator

: 348

2016 President

« #49 : April 22, 2011, 12:14:00 am »

You have our sympanthy Chris and the whole Cory family.

Rick and Nikki Hudachek

D37 - V28x
The ONLY 2x winner of the Magisil Award!
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #50 : April 22, 2011, 10:46:48 am »

Sorry to hear the news.
Our thoughts are with you

Bob and Lila

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #51 : April 22, 2011, 11:57:08 am »

Well, what can I say. The usual words will not do justice to what you must be feeling. Knowing that she is no longer in any pain should be of some comfort. I know your heart is aching but it is for your loss, not for her, she is now in a better place than in recent weeks. You know you have your extended Viewie family here to help in any way we can so do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Keep us apprised on arrangements please.
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

: 201

« #52 : April 25, 2011, 04:59:23 pm »

There really are no words of substance at a time like this.  Deepest sympathies to the Cory family from the Matthews'.  We are at your service if you need us.
Administrator

« #53 : April 26, 2011, 09:02:29 am »

Thank you everyone, I know some of you have experienced this yourself so you know what it is like. There really is no way to prepare yourself for this. I know it is a part of life and we will all pass on some day but you always hope the day never comes for your loved ones.

I have tried to be strong knowing that she was so strong through all this and was completely at piece with going. I have to admit I haven't been doing a very good job of it though. It has been especially tough since I started and have finished making a video of her life since she passed. I don't know how many times I have watched it now but I still can't get through it without crying.

I find myself having a hard time facing that she is actually gone. She hasn't been with us at family dinners and such since she got sick but we new we could still go visit and be with her at the hospital.

The viewing is tonight and her funeral is tomorrow morning. I am not sure how it is going to go and I keep trying to tell myself that she is in a better place so I should be happy and not feel the way I do. I know we will all get through this and the pain will go away in time but it doesn't make it any easier now.

Thank you again and sorry I have stepped back from my club duties the past few months. My mom was always there for me throughout my life and I really needed to be there for her during all this.

See you soon,
Chris

Chris Cory
Dez O555
GP O555
Enduro O555
Bob Johnson - D37 Rep

« #54 : April 26, 2011, 11:20:51 am »

Hang in there Chris, having been down that road several times I know How tough it can be.
AND don't worry about any "club duties", they will get done one way or another, family first !!

Mr J
R32 DEZ
RETIRED !!
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #55 : April 26, 2011, 11:32:07 am »

Make the time you need for yourself and your family to heal. All the fond and loving memories are with you to stay. Your club members and friends are here for you when you need support or a shoulder to lean on .
Stay strong and prayers are with you, The Joneses
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #56 : April 29, 2011, 07:01:54 am »

Chris, myself and Darlene are very sorry for your loss you have our deepest sympathies.

CB

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
: