Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:58:05 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  STREET BIKE RIDE
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: STREET BIKE RIDE  ( 4505 )
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« : April 24, 2009, 07:47:27 am »

Hey all, I know we are dirt bike club, but I was wondering who has a street only bike? I know Russ has one, I have one and I usally take the summer off to cruise. Is anyone interested in meeting up for a street cruise, like on the coast or through Yosomite?

A friend of mine and I would like to make a coast run, can anyone suggest a good route?

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #1 : April 24, 2009, 10:05:14 am »

I was thinking about going in the late summer after I recover.  The coast obviously sounds like the best plan in the summer.  I would go with you but I wouldn't want you to freak out about all the laws I break. 

What kind of bike do you have?

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Eric Price
Viewfinder

: 119

« #2 : April 25, 2009, 04:43:57 pm »

I'm always down for a street ride.  I hear that Death Valley is a beautiful ride in the summer!  Like my commute to work in the summer.  Seriously though I have wanted to go ride the twisties through the Sierra Nevada mountains for a long time now but the coast is always good.  I am just so used to the heat that I freeze my but off when its below 80 degrees.
Aaron Price
Officer

« #3 : April 25, 2009, 06:52:54 pm »

I'm always down for a street ride.  I hear that Death Valley is a beautiful ride in the summer!  Like my commute to work in the summer.  Seriously though I have wanted to go ride the twisties through the Sierra Nevada mountains for a long time now but the coast is always good.  I am just so used to the heat that I freeze my but off when its below 80 degrees.

Heated gear was one of the best investments I ever made.  It is only too cold when the roads are iced over (and thats only because my street bike is so pretty)

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Brian Matthews
Viewfinder

: 201

« #4 : April 27, 2009, 09:38:12 am »

Tami and I got a Goldwing a couple months ago.  A road trip would be fun.
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

« #5 : April 27, 2009, 12:16:55 pm »

I was thinking about going in the late summer after I recover.  The coast obviously sounds like the best plan in the summer.  I would go with you but I wouldn't want you to freak out about all the laws I break. 

I have a VTX 1300. its good for weekends, but gets a little uncomfortable for any longer, my wife and i try to keep days under 200 miles. We have a poker run here on may 16 with food and fun. Start in Bishop, go through Fish Lake, Montgomery pass, Benton and June lake. here is the link, inyomonoah.org if your interested. I am also planning a trip to Virgina City NV, no date yet.

What kind of bike do you have?

Aaron Price
Officer

« #6 : April 27, 2009, 07:46:56 pm »

200 miles?  It will take forever to get to Canada at that rate.

Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

« #7 : April 28, 2009, 01:23:53 pm »

Looks like June 18,19,20,21 for the coast ride (still in pencil). Myself and a friend would ride to Monterey Bay on the 18th, stay the night. Start at the aquirium in the am, goto San Jose and the Winchester house in the afternoon, then back to the coast. Possibly going over the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and then towards Lake Tahoe, then back to Bishop for us.

Need a URAL to make it Canada (see youtube.com for video).

Mat Nay
Viewfinder

: 29

« #8 : April 28, 2009, 01:48:17 pm »

Hey Sandy, if you guys are riding through Camarillo your more than welcome to stop on by my place and have a beer or something.

Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #9 : April 28, 2009, 08:18:38 pm »

Yea, don't forgeet to stop by me and KJ  pad,since we live on the coast
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #10 : April 28, 2009, 08:20:49 pm »

I 'll go too. I'll bring my newest toy. A beta 450 auto with a plate of course!
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

« #11 : April 29, 2009, 07:49:35 am »

Nice toy Jim! This is still in the planning stage so more info will follow.

Russ & Deanna Jenkins
Viewfinder

: 435

« #12 : May 05, 2009, 04:49:01 pm »

;D ;D

RUSS SAYS TAHT SOUNDS LIKE FUN, HE ALREADY HAS TAHT TIME OFF.

DEANN
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

« #13 : May 06, 2009, 10:03:19 am »

OK, looks like its inked! For me it is Bishop through Yosemite  ;D and on to Monterey Bay on Thursday, 325 miles  :P. Then on Friday AM go through the Aquarium, then if time allows to San Jose for the Winchester House, then on to San Francisco. I already have a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express on Fishermans Wharf, $110.00 a night. Not Bad, but parking is $40.00 a day. I called and the front desk person, she said it is valet only but bikes could park themselves and split the space $. Then over the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay Bridge, past Alcatraz and on towards Lake Tahoe, no reservations, we will wing it and see what happens. Saturday and Sunday have no plans, we will just see what we get into and make it at a minimum to with in an hour of Tahoe. Last day will be from Tahoe area? to Bishop.

Just a disclaimer for anyone interested in joining the ride. I am a Historical Marker whore! I stop at all of them, so my 150 mile rides take all day! If I see something interesting or another route I want to take I go. So if you would like to go great, but be prepared for the trip plan to change at a moments notice or no notice when I suddenly see a sign I need to investigate. Also, don't feel obligated to take my route or follow me somewhere your not interested in going, part of the fun is exploring for me, you may not feel the same way. I cruise at 70ish, the wife hits me vigorously about the head and shoulders if the speed gets up. If you want to just meet up at the end of the day, that's cool for me too. Part of the trips fun for me is NOT having any place to be or any time I have to be there, except the motel I have reservations at.

Russ & Deanna Jenkins
Viewfinder

: 435

« #14 : May 06, 2009, 11:49:57 am »

;D ;D
             brian, is your wife going? ireally want to go but not very big riding behind russ on the bike. i dont know if i could drive that long on the bike . i go to the doctors on monday,hopefully he relases me to drive then we will see russ really wants to go .

are u going to the poker run? will talk some more about it . since thats the week of my birthday.

deann
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: