Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:41:14 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Thanks Brian Jones!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Thanks Brian Jones!  ( 3368 )
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« : March 10, 2008, 10:56:31 am »

Just wanted to let you all know what a great guy Brian Jones is.   He is such a team player that he layed his bike down sidways blocking the whole trail on a nasty hill just to block my competition.  Then as I am trying to get around the major pileup he caused he left his bike in everybody's way and helped push me up through the loose rocks of the side of the trail.  I must have gained a ton of time from that. THANKS  BRIAN.         

I nominate him for Viewie of the year. 

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #1 : March 10, 2008, 11:53:04 am »

I vote Kyle Nay Viewie of the week.  Having his new to him truck break down on the Cajon Pass, arrange for Dad and Uncle to tow it home, hops in Uncle's truck, drives down Bessemer to deliver Pit equipment, watches 10 minutes of racing or so and then heads home to face the repairs.  Good to see you Kyle and I know it was killing you watching your competition race while you were unable to. You done good work son!

Kandy Thornton
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

: 1398

« #2 : March 10, 2008, 12:43:57 pm »

BIG thanks Kyle! Most would have would have shined on delivering the pit stuff. Not sure what your dads taught ya, but your moms done well!!! ;D
As far as the Brian Jones good samaritan push, I think 'anyone' around seeing some poor sap riding a Husky would have done the same thing ;)
Hope Eric and Eric had a GOOD TIME! Might have been a couple tuff tech spots for Eric L.
« : March 10, 2008, 04:48:31 pm Keith Jones - VP »
Eric Price
Viewfinder

: 119

« #3 : March 10, 2008, 05:52:30 pm »

I had a great time.  It is always good to have a nice leisurely ride once in a while.  Eric L. on the other hand is probably a little bit sore right now.  I witnessed him taking a few spills in the deep sand whoops.  Keith, you passed us somewhere between check two and three, next time wave with your whole hand.  ;D
Big Daddy Golden Rod
Viewfinder

: 497

« #4 : March 10, 2008, 06:03:29 pm »

Just wanted to let you all know what a great guy Brian Jones is.   He is such a team player that he layed his bike down sidways blocking the whole trail on a nasty hill just to block my competition.  Then as I am trying to get around the major pileup he caused he left his bike in everybody's way and helped push me up through the loose rocks of the side of the trail.  I must have gained a ton of time from that. THANKS  BRIAN.         

I heard Brian M. held Brian J.'s bike while he rode yours up then Keith rode him back down and rode Aaron back up.
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #5 : March 10, 2008, 07:05:10 pm »

I haven't mastered the "NO-HANDER" wave while riding through a nice size rock garden. Wanted to give club members plent of room. I'm usually not that kind others!!! ;D
I had a great time.  It is always good to have a nice leisurely ride once in a while.  Eric L. on the other hand is probably a little bit sore right now.  I witnessed him taking a few spills in the deep sand whoops.  Keith, you passed us somewhere between check two and three, next time wave with your whole hand.  ;D
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #6 : March 10, 2008, 07:12:14 pm »

It was a big team effort, but we "GOT- HER DONE"!!! Did I hear Eric and Eric helped The Husky later on in a similar situation??? ::) ???

I heard Brian M. held Brian J.'s bike while he rode yours up then Keith rode him back down and rode Aaron back up.
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #7 : March 10, 2008, 07:18:40 pm »

let me get this straight!  aaron price actually raced?????  i need a race report from the man himself.  aaron please tell me you finshed?
Keith Jones - VP
Officer

« #8 : March 10, 2008, 07:56:27 pm »

I can't wait for the AP Report! 5 pages of scrolling text on how everyone has it all wrong and his entire race went as planned. We may be spared this mysery for a couple of days until he can get off the floor to get to the computer. Did the club clear him at the finish or are Kandy and John still waiting for the arrival of the Husky???
Aaron Price
Officer

« #9 : March 10, 2008, 08:10:37 pm »

That is way off.  You forgot to mention Charlie was waiting there to help.  He helped set up the jumper cables.   

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Aaron Price
Officer

« #10 : March 10, 2008, 08:30:01 pm »

let me get this straight!  aaron price actually raced?????  i need a race report from the man himself.  aaron please tell me you finshed?

Yes Aaron Price raced.  You seem to be confusing me with my brother the DNF king.  I have only DNF'd  3 races in my life.  Ghostrider in 97 (Houred out)  Checkpoint MC Bad Mountain Enduro in 97 (I realized that swimming was more my sport and gave up motorcycle racing halfway through the second loop at the El Nino inspired water crossing)   Invaders MC in 06 (Overheated the bike and melted the clutch and throttle cables on my DRZ400).  Yes I am making this long just for Mr. Jones.  The race actually went much better than planned.  No crashes.  I don't think I was dead last.  If there would have been a 3rd loop I would have been able to catch up to Keith.   ;)
« : March 10, 2008, 08:31:49 pm Aaron Price »

Kandy
Viewfinder

: 837

« #11 : March 10, 2008, 08:40:01 pm »

Yes Keith we cleared Aaron at the finish.  I was gonna give him a t-twister... but OMG!!!  I have never seen a club jersey rub someone's nips bloody before.  I'm still cringing at the thought and yes I refused to look when he raised his shirt.... Blecchhhhh!!!!  :o

Kandy Thornton
Brian Jones
Viewfinder

: 57

« #12 : March 10, 2008, 08:43:12 pm »

Thanks Aaron for the props and you are welcome anytime I can help I will.
    I did leave my bike between the two trails up that hill just in case a jump start was needed. I will always help a fellow Viewy in need. My darn flat tire had no drive up that rock ledge so I dropper my bike on the side of the trail to help riders get up this fun hill.  
Brian Jones

06 KTM 450EXC,
 D-37 V57 int

MAMMOTHKTM.COM
Aaron Price
Officer

« #13 : March 10, 2008, 10:10:26 pm »

Yes Keith we cleared Aaron at the finish.  I was gonna give him a t-twister... but OMG!!!  I have never seen a club jersey rub someone's nips bloody before.  I'm still cringing at the thought and yes I refused to look when he raised his shirt.... Blecchhhhh!!!!  :o

I am so glad all of that blood didn't stain my good jersey.  I was worried about that. 

Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #14 : March 11, 2008, 01:18:22 pm »

My nipples are hurting just thinking about that, I made the mistake once of racing without a t-shirt under my perforated jersey and did the same thing. You'll only make that mistake once, won't you Aaron?
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: