Viewfinders MC
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:23:28 am

:    
--VCMC Presents ISDE Qualifier Championship Jan 28-29 Gorman--Club play day, fun for all at Jenkins land February 18 & 19th--   Adventure Riders Anza Borrego Desert Dash February 25-26 Julian, CA -- Time to ride!!!

--
Lets Ride!!!!
20094 1915 190
: Joey Gardner
+  Viewfinders MC
|-+  Public Board Topics
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Rovers
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Rovers  ( 3836 )
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

: 3443

« #15 : April 10, 2008, 01:22:20 pm »

the boards are 20" X 4', all od. i will get the holes for you tonight. the washers are 1 1/2".

Can you draw me a simple sketch? Better yet if Cactus brings them this weekend I'll measure them but someone remind me, he brought them out to Prospectors but is was so windy we didn't take them out of his car. Once sketched I'll have them drafted up.
Charlie & Darlene Barney - Life Members, 2015 President
Global Moderator

: 1684

« #16 : April 10, 2008, 04:26:43 pm »

Aaron I will take it, it will save me some time. Thank you.
 We will not be out this weekend something came up at the lake but it looks like the next 4 to 5 weeks are going to be full of racing from Dist 37, USDR and DITD.
Good luck to all this weekend see you all a Dirt Diggers we will be out sunday morning.
Charlie

CB
2015 President & Big 6 Rep/ Life member/ Joined-1974.
Do you Bleed Golden Rod ?
Aaron Price
Officer

: 1338

World record holder- 100 yard Husqvarna push.

« #17 : April 10, 2008, 06:56:07 pm »

It may cost you some riding lessons.  That or I have to put a muzzle on Keith.   :P

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Jim McGrath
Viewfinder

: 449

« #18 : April 10, 2008, 07:28:29 pm »

Charlie, if Brian doesn't want a third set you can have mine. 

Can somebody confirm if there is going to be a meeting so I know if I am showing up on Saturday or not. 
Aaron i believe we are going to have a GP meeting on sat. nite before the vikings. However, that's if it's approved by the higher ups!
« : April 10, 2008, 07:30:10 pm Jim McGrath - Referee aka Hemi & Roy(d) »
Brian MacKenzie - VP
Viewfinder

: 760

« #19 : April 11, 2008, 07:53:55 am »

They are loaded in the trailer. I will be out with Cactus late friday night.

the boards are 20" X 4', all od. i will get the holes for you tonight. the washers are 1 1/2".

Can you draw me a simple sketch? Better yet if Cactus brings them this weekend I'll measure them but someone remind me, he brought them out to Prospectors but is was so windy we didn't take them out of his car. Once sketched I'll have them drafted up.

sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/desertvet
Brian Jones
Viewfinder

: 57

« #20 : April 11, 2008, 12:06:50 pm »

Due to a work related situation Sandy and I will be unable to make it out to Rovers. I will be looking forward to the Dirt Diggers next weekend. See ya in the Desert.

Cactus

06 KTM 450EXC,
 D-37 V57 int

MAMMOTHKTM.COM
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #21 : April 11, 2008, 01:26:49 pm »

Due to a work related situation Sandy and I will be unable to make it out to Rovers. I will be looking forward to the Dirt Diggers next weekend. See ya in the Desert.

Cactus

Bummer, it's gonna be hot anyways, hope it cools back down a bit before DD.
Aaron Price
Officer

« #22 : April 11, 2008, 02:42:39 pm »

Can somebody confirm if there is going to be a meeting so I know if I am showing up on Saturday or not. 
Aaron i believe we are going to have a GP meeting on sat. nite before the vikings. However, that's if it's approved by the higher ups!

Cool then me and Eric will see you guys on Sunday.  Donn can you stake off the pit area for Eric please?

Bureaucracy is a parasite that preys on free thought and suffocates free spirit.- Douglas Adams
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #23 : April 11, 2008, 07:13:03 pm »

Cool then me and Eric will see you guys on Sunday.  Donn can you stake off the pit area for Eric please?

I'm not going out until Sunday morning, Julian usually goes out on Sat. morning, hopefully he will this weekend, otherwise we'll get what we can on Sunday.
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #24 : April 14, 2008, 10:27:46 am »

I know Julian isn?t on the board much, if at all, so I?ll post a report from yesterday. Had a small turnout:
John ?Gumby? Gamout
Steve ?Bishop? Vachon
Mike ?Big Bear? Hastings
Pete ?Mr. Nice Guy? Modina
Aaron ?Jump Start? Price
Matt ?Flat Matt II? Nay

Pit:
Julian Gamout
Eric LeMoine
Betty Vachon

Weather was just about perfect, could have used a bit more of a breeze at the start to blow the dust but the temperature was great, high 70?s to mid 80?s but warm in the sun. Big Bear came though the pits first, well up in the experts and looking strong. Matt was first Ammie in for us, running strong and with air in both tires! Pete came in next with Aaron not far behind. The novices came in with Bishop leading Gumby by a fair amount.

Big Bear pretty much held his position, finishing third 250 old guy. Matt came in toward the top of the Ammie finishers, about seventh 250, but with air in both tires, as Julian said he?s shaken the gorilla off his back, first finish of the year. Aaron and Pete had a little dice going early in the loop but Pete ran out of poop and waved Aaron on. I think Pete got third in class as well, not sure how Aaron did. The long wait then started for our novices. Steve made it across about mid pack or so, but no Gumby. We waited and waited then finally got word that he was having problems and was at a road crossing getting fluids and would take a DNF and come in on the road. We packed up the finish and went back to camp to await his arrival. After waiting some time and monitoring the radio we were fearful that Gumby was lost, no sighting by sweep, check seven or R3 so we sent a couple trucks back to the finish and R3 to start the process, low and behold Gumby was at the finish! Not sure if he came in on the course or just rode over to the finish looking for us. In the meantime yours truly was dealing with a low rear tire on the Chevy (thanks Big Bear for noticing!) and with the help of everyone?s air tanks and 12v compressors was able to get enough air into the tire to make it to Lucerne (still is holding this morning).

So all went well, great course I heard and the second loop was a tough one, ?relentless? was Julian and Matt?s comment and could have used better marking, many got lost. No major injuries from any of the racers was nice to hear and no mechanical issues for the Viewies.

Thanks Julian, Betty and Eric for a great pit.
Aaron Price
Officer

« #25 : April 14, 2008, 12:48:46 pm »

You guys did a great job in the pits.  Would have been a perfect race if not for the flat front tire and the endless miles of crossgrain.  Still a good time with some good people.

Gumby
Viewfinder

: 298

« #26 : April 14, 2008, 06:01:05 pm »

i would like to thank all the viewies for staying and waiting for Gumby to finally show up, I really appreciate the support
Donn Nay
Global Moderator

« #27 : April 14, 2008, 08:40:44 pm »

i would like to thank all the viewies for staying and waiting for Gumby to finally show up, I really appreciate the support

Of course we waited, that's what we're all about.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: